Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Slowly making progress

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    Can you explain what this is more? Does Fitness blenders go with Intermittent Fasting? Is it just eating within an 8 hour window whatever that window is and then exercising too?
    Sorry, just saw this.

Intermittent fasting is having an eating window and a fasting window. There’s different versions of fasting. I’m doing 16:8 where fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. On work days, I eat breakfast at 12, lunch about 2pm then dinner is supposed to be before 8. Some days dinner is later depending on what I’ve got to do with DS at home (soccer practice finishes at 7:30pm, so dinner is more like 8:30). I’ll have snack between lunch and dinner. On weekends I may eat breakfast earlier than 12 depending on our plans. I’ve found I eat better and less snacking, which is why I think it’s working. My meals have always been fine, but I would snack mindlessly.

I use fitness blender plans for working out. In true intermittent fasting you should work out during fasting window , but I can’t do that as get up early for work. So I work out around 5 or 6 pm. I like the workout programs as it’s scheduled on my calendar on the fitness blender website, I simply log in and do the scheduled workout. No planning on my part. I’ve never worked out on consistent basis before - too much effort to figure out what to do and I really don’t know much about exercising properly. I need to be told what to do and how to do it. The workouts are different so i don’t get bored. And if I hate something, I only have to get through that day. I’ve now worked out 4-6 times a week for last 7 weeks!!! I take some extra day breaks if need to - sore body or just too busy that day.

The combination of the 2 is working for me. I’m about 10lbs lighter, clothes fit better, but best of all, I ran up 2 flights of stairs and didn’t get winded!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Do you watch the videos in your phone or iPad while working out? I poked around a bit but didn’t try to do a workout yet.

I’ve been doing the intermittent fasting for a few weeks and it works well for me. It keeps me from snacking after my kids go to bed and keeps me from eating junk after they get on the bus. I tend to not do the fasting on the weekends because I don’t want them to realize I’m not eating breakfast.

I was using my iPad. I go onto their website to see my calendar, then click on workout for that day for YouTube to open. Lately though, I’ve been using my phone, and it’s been fine. I think I’ll always do one of their programs as I don’t know enough to pick/choose workouts so it’s balanced plan for the week. I like that it’s all planned out, so I just log in, then hit play for the workout for that day.

Like you, I’m snacking less with intermittent fasting. I used to eat bag of salt and vinegar chips with DS. He still opens a bag, but I’ll say no as not hungry or only have a couple. I’m going for healthier snack options when I do snack.

I don’t follow fasting as strictly on weekends, it depends on our plans or if I’m working at the hospital. During the week, I set my own schedule at work so easier to make intermittent fasting work. Sometimes I eat later than 8pm which is end of my eating window when DS has late soccer practice. I like that I’m flexible with it rather than being too strict, more chance of keeping to it.

Update: I’m now about 14lbs down. Have about 15-20lbs to go I think, but I’ll see as this time I’m building muscle and goal is to be strong and healthy rather than a certain weight or dress size. Previous times I’ve only dieted.

I’m back to wearing some clothes that were too tight. I also feel body changing - I’m stronger and not as out of breath. I’m increasing weight that I’m lifting and pushing myself harder during cardio. Still some moves I can not do, so I modify. One goal is to modify less.

DH has also started the fitness blender workouts. Now have to coordinate time of who uses mat and weights on the weekends. Thankfully DH had a set of adjustable weights he bought years ago. I did get a thicker exercise mat.

I’ll keep updating as it helps to keep me accountable.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Update: I’m now about 14lbs down. Have about 15-20lbs to go I think, but I’ll see as this time I’m building muscle and goal is to be strong and healthy rather than a certain weight or dress size. Previous times I’ve only dieted.

I’m back to wearing some clothes that were too tight. I also feel body changing - I’m stronger and not as out of breath. I’m increasing weight that I’m lifting and pushing myself harder during cardio. Still some moves I can not do, so I modify. One goal is to modify less.

DH has also started the fitness blender workouts. Now have to coordinate time of who uses mat and weights on the weekends. Thankfully DH had a set of adjustable weights he bought years ago. I did get a thicker exercise mat.

Great job!!!! My scale isn’t budging but I’m definitely feeling muscle where I previously didn’t. I’ve been doing Pilates once s week and alternating days of running and walking. Thanks for updating. I needed the push to try fitness blender. I’m putting on my schedule for this week.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post

How’s it going? I just started the fasting today and Monday I am back to pure barre. I stopped eating at 6:30. It’s 11 and I am starving. I don’t think I ate enough earlier. It’s going to be a long 12 hours to go.

I kept up the intermittent fasting and exercising as I could over the summer. I did take a 4 week break from exercising after our vacation, but as I kept the fasting going, I didn’t gain weight but lost some stamina. I’m back into the exercise routine now. Overall I’m about 18lbs down. I’m wearing pants that I used to wear when I weighed less because of the strength training. I’ve got a goal for my birthday that’s 2 months away, so I’ll see how close I get to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2