Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Slowly making progress

I’m in my 3rd week of 16:8 intermittent fasting and just started 3rd week of the low impact program with fitness blender. I’ve lost about 4.5 lbs according to the scale (not sure how accurate scale is), but the biggest improvement is in how I feel about myself. I’m finally taking the time to care for myself.

I like the intermittent fasting as I’m making conscious decisions about what I eat rather than mindlessly eating. Afternoon after work and before dinner is when I usually mindlessly eat, but I’m not hungry as I eat breakfast at 12pm and then lunch around 2pm. I’m eating similar meals for lunch, breakfast and dinner that I did before with some tweaks. I’ll also eat earlier or later if that better fits my schedule, so I’m not obsessing on keeping the 8 hour window.

Fitness blender is the first time I’ve exercised 5 times a week. I grumble a bit before I do it, but I do feel good after the workout. I’m feeling stronger and know I’ll be in much better shape if I continue with it.

These changes haven’t been that difficult to do, so I’m hoping I can continue. My goal isn’t so much a certain number on the scale, but to be in better shape before I turn 45 in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 04-22-2018 at 03:31 PM.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I’m in my 3rd week of 16:8 intermittent fasting and just started 3rd week of the low impact program with fitness blender. I’ve lost about 4.5 lbs according to the scale (not sure how accurate scale is), but the biggest improvement is in how I feel about myself. I’m finally taking the time to care for myself.

I like the intermittent fasting as I’m making conscious decisions about what I eat rather than mindlessly eating. Afternoon after work and before dinner is when I usually mindlessly eat, but I’m not hungry as I eat breakfast at 12pm and then lunch around 2pm. I’m eating similar meals for lunch, breakfast and dinner that I did before with some tweaks. I’ll also eat earlier or later if that better fits my schedule, so I’m not obsessing on keeping the 8 hour window.

Fitness blender is the first time I’ve exercised 5 times a week. I grumble a bit before I do it, but I do feel good after the workout. I’m feeling stronger and know I’ll be in much better shape if I continue with it.

These changes haven’t been that difficult to do, so I’m hoping I can continue. My goal isn’t so much a certain number on the scale, but to be in better shape before I turn 45 in November.

YAY! You are actually doing a lot of the things that have been successful for me too. Fitness blender and intermittent fasting. Go you. Slow is okay. I think part of what helped me is to remember that this is a lifestyle change really for life so it has to be sustainable. Sounds like the eating plan is working with the way you live.

ETA: I also think it is HUGE that you are feeling great about it. That's so, so important. I think 5 pounds is hard. Great job.
    Last edited by bisous; 04-22-2018 at 08:12 PM.

I agree on the slow progress. I haven’t worked out consistently in a LONG time, so I’m not pushing too hard in the workouts. I don’t want to get injured, so trying to ease into it.

I don’t really have a set end goal as I know the number on the scale doesn’t mean much. I don’t even know how accurate our scales are, so maybe I haven’t lost 4.5 lbs. I’m doing this to increase my fitness and strength, and weight loss will be a side benefit. So I’m trying to concentrate on how I feel. I feel better for taking care of myself.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree on the slow progress. I haven’t worked out consistently in a LONG time, so I’m not pushing too hard in the workouts. I don’t want to get injured, so trying to ease into it.

I don’t really have a set end goal as I know the number on the scale doesn’t mean much. I don’t even know how accurate our scales are, so maybe I haven’t lost 4.5 lbs. I’m doing this to increase my fitness and strength, and weight loss will be a side benefit. So I’m trying to concentrate on how I feel. I feel better for taking care of myself.

Perfect. Great attitude.

Update. I lost 6 lbs in the 4 weeks I did Fitness Blenders Low Impact program and 5 weeks of intermittent fasting. I feel stronger and better about myself, Still got a way to go, but I’ll keep doing it slowly. I started another one of their programs yesterday.

I’m getting a new workout mat for Mother’s Day and I’m setting up a workout space in the office/guest room. DS will have to stop playing video games so I can workout using the TV, but he needs to play less anyway.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update. I lost 6 lbs in the 4 weeks I did Fitness Blenders Low Impact program and 5 weeks of intermittent fasting. I feel stronger and better about myself, Still got a way to go, but I’ll keep doing it slowly. I started another one of their programs yesterday.

I’m getting a new workout mat for Mother’s Day and I’m setting up a workout space in the office/guest room. DS will have to stop playing video games so I can workout using the TV, but he needs to play less anyway.

Which program on Fitness Blender did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Which program on Fitness Blender did you do?

I did their low impact program. I haven’t exercised regularly in a long time, so needed to start off slow. I’m now doing their 30 min fat loss for busy people round 3. It is harder, so glad I started with the low impact.

Update: Still doing the intermittent fasting and part way through Fitness blenders 30 mins workout for busy people. I’ve now lost about 10lbs, my jeans that were getting tight, fit better. I feel stronger and I can see improvements with overall fitness. Still got a ways to go, but I’m sticking to the new routine.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can you explain what this is more? Does Fitness blenders go with Intermittent Fasting? Is it just eating within an 8 hour window whatever that window is and then exercising too?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you watch the videos in your phone or iPad while working out? I poked around a bit but didn’t try to do a workout yet.

I’ve been doing the intermittent fasting for a few weeks and it works well for me. It keeps me from snacking after my kids go to bed and keeps me from eating junk after they get on the bus. I tend to not do the fasting on the weekends because I don’t want them to realize I’m not eating breakfast.

Last edited by jgenie; 05-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast