Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you all so much!! You have given me great ideas on what to research. I really appreciate it.

I was able to book a room at the Grand Canyon's Kachina Lodge for one night, will keep an eye out for cancelations. Now to figure out our timeline and search on AirBnB.

My older son and I have been to the Petrified Forest. Thank you for the reminder to include that in this trip too as we travel from AZ to NM.

And I loved Tony Hillerman books too in high school!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Since you've been to petrified forest, please share any tips you have! Did you stay in Holbrook? Are there restaurants nearby?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you go to Santa Fe, you must do Meow Wolf. Parents and kids will love it!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I live in the Phoenix metro area and just really want to stress just how hot it gets here in June, think 110 to 115 or hotter.

Please, please be careful and bring PLENTY to drink, like more than you could think you would need.

The landscape here really is unlike anywhere else.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    I live in the Phoenix metro area and just really want to stress just how hot it gets here in June, think 110 to 115 or hotter.

Please, please be careful and bring PLENTY to drink, like more than you could think you would need.

The landscape here really is unlike anywhere else.
    But it’s a dry heat! Sorry, had to say it. I’m from Yuma. We go to Phoenix to cool off.

But she’s right. Don’t travel without a few gallons of water in your car in case of a break down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2