Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default One day in London with a 7 and 4.5 year old

Where would you go? We are spending one night before flying out. We will probably arrive around lunchtime. At first I thought we would go to the Tower but now we are rethinking it. The kids love history. We visit England every year so while this is the kids first trip to London, it won’t be their last. We will go to London every year going forward. Westminster? Kensington Palace? Hyde Park? Any ideas are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If the weather looks iffy, I'd recommend the Transport Museum in Covent Garden. They have a neat scavenger hunt-type activity for young kids, you can climb on the old trolleys, carriages, and train cars, and learn about the history of public transportation in London. Also, you can see everything there in about two hours, unlike the bigger museums in London!

My kids are older, and Kensington Palace kind of bored them, though I enjoyed the fashion exhibit a lot! I think that the Tower is much more interesting historically for them. They like the London Eye a lot, and now there aren't really long wait lines for it.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did a day and a half in London last summer. Had such a good time we decided to make it our summer vacation this year. The Tower would be my first choice. We did half a day there and loved it and plan to return. The Beefeater tour to start our visit was awesome and I would think for kids who like history it would be great.

Our itinerary in case anything else interests you:

Flew in on a red eye and slept for a few hours then had that afternoon/evening and the next day.

Platform 9 3/4 at King’s Cross Station
    London Eye

Next day:
    Walked the Tower Bridge before entering the Tower of London.
    Tower of London - Free Beefeater guided tour to start. Skipped the Crown Jewels due to time.
    Lunch at a nearby pub
    Taxi (tube line was down) to Buckingham Palace, took some picture and then walked along the park back towards Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
    Westminster Abbey closed earlier then we expected so we just looked at it from the outside.
    Tube to Abbey Road Studios (we are big Beatles fans). Went to Studios and took the iconic crosswalk picture.
    Tube back to Piccadilly Circus area for dinner, then back to hotel by a decent hour to watch the Champions League final that was on that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk