Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Warning: rhinestone jeans

I found a great deal on NYDJ brand jeans at Nordstrom rack, so I stocked up and got a week’s worth. Well, one by one the rhinestones on the back are falling off. I find little blue rhinestones in the washing machine, on the floor/sofa/rugs/laundry basket! And there are tons of them 😣

I’m afraid they might mess up my washing machine so I plan to remove them, which will leave dotted pockets but I don’t know what else to do.

I wanted to warn others to be careful about this! I machine wash them inside out but I guess you’re supposed to hand wash these. I don’t hand wash anything- lesson learned!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Handwash jeans? That's nuts! Somehow, I doubt the person who designed those is doing their own laundry. Could you put fabric paint, marker, or something else over the glue dots? Or add fabric that you love that covers the pocket? Embroidery of some sort if you are crafty? Though that last would require removing and replacing if you want useable pockets.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wash them in a pillowcase with the end tied off. It might not save the jeans (though it will reduce the rubbing that likely is knocking off the rhinestones), but it will prevent the stones from getting loose in your washer and dryer.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Fortunately I never tuck anything into jeans And the rhinestones are on the top half of the back pockets. I think it will be OK if I remove them, but what a job. I honestly bought them because they were a good deal. I like the look of the rhinestones but I knew they would be covered anyway LOL
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This is weird! I have had multiple pairs of NYDJ with rhinestones and never had them come off and I sure as heck don’t hand wash them. Honestly, I think you should email or Facebook message the company. That’s a quality issue and they are too expensive to have that problem.

I do think the whole lot is defective. Good idea.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree that they sound defective. Assuming you bought them recently, I would bring them back to Nordstrom Rack and talk to the store manager about it.