Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Have you looked at Thailand? Really cheap once you are there. I know someone who took their one year old there for a month. They had a great time.
    I have thought a little about that, but holy long flight. It is 20 hours from our airport. I don't want to do that with my kids right now.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    So if you are going to a major city you don't need Malaria meds?

Would you be worried about Zika?

I would have to look into Hep A and B
    I know we haven't had typhoid.
    Not all areas of Vietnam are at risk of malaria - these tend to be bigger cities. Your travel clinic is probably the best voice of authority in this situation. Our travel clinic was a good source of info when we were preparing to move overseas ten years ago.

Also, I wasn't aware that Zika was a problem in Vietnam! Is it now?
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We went to St. Petersburg with a cruise. We spent two jam packed days there with a guide. I wouldn’t want to wander around there by ourselves, given language issues and relative lack of tourist infrastructure compared to many places, and we rarely get guides-we are do it yourself travelers. There is a lot to see - it’s fascinating!

Eta: I would be happy to try to answer any questions.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    Not all areas of Vietnam are at risk of malaria - these tend to be bigger cities. Your travel clinic is probably the best voice of authority in this situation. Our travel clinic was a good source of info when we were preparing to move overseas ten years ago.

Also, I wasn't aware that Zika was a problem in Vietnam! Is it now?
    As usual, a plug for the CDC travel health info. The page for Vietnam indicates that there is Zika (scroll down). I was very startled to see that CDC recommends rabies vaccination for children. Yikes!

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...vel-single-001

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2