bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Accessorize this dress?

Hi everyone! I'm hoping this works. When I bought a dress for my brother's wedding last Fall, I also bought a faux wrap dress on sale. (I think it was $10) It looks exactly like this image (hope this works!)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/e6...273921ecc9.jpg

It isn't exactly red--more like an orangey coral color.

What would you wear with it? I need shoes.

I have black pumps, red pumps (they'd clash), ballet pink flats, silver sandals, suede booties... Any of those work?

Also, jewelry styles? Anything else?

I haven't worn it yet although it is a cute dress. Also, DH thinks it looks kind of vavavoom! if that makes sense. So if the accessories could make it a little less flashy that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Otherwise what would you think works? I favor a style with this dress that has a bit of a heel.

TIA!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Pretty color and style!

What do your silver sandals look like? Of those, they sound the most promising.

With that neckline I'd probably do a short pendant necklace and larger earrings plus bracelet.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have several dresses like that. I usually wear a pendant necklace of some sort but I can dress it up with a bib necklace as well. If I have a bold necklace, I just wear diamond studs. If I wear a plain necklace, I go with more interesting earrings.
    Shoes? I wouldn't wear the pink or red. I don't think I'd do black either. I would probably go with a nude, your metallic or brown. Probably not the booties either but what color and heel are they? Where you plan to wear it though will dictate my shoe choice.

Probably silver sandals (out of those choices) and a turquoise necklace. I always wear larger necklaces and simple earrings, but I hate the feeling of big earrings.

yeah, I'd say nude wedges/ peep toe heels/ etc. if you're wearing it this spring or summer (I think black would be too heavy, but maybe not if they're really strappy).
    Pretty dress!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just remembered that I posted in this forum about the dress! I'm thinking of wearing it tomorrow for Mother's Day. It was so nice to come here and hear the suggestions.

Way too late to shop for anything. I like the idea of making the silver sandals work but I forgot I also have some nude suede shoes with a bit of a heel. I will try them both and see what works. I don't think I have a turquoise necklace but I wish I did. That would be super cute. I do have a nice pendant so I think I'll go with that one. I have one bib necklace and it is very similar in color to the dress. So much so that I think it might just not work very well unfortunately but I'm definitely one of those that has to try it and see.'

Thanks for all the suggestions!