Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Bread makers are great! Totally try one! Like others, I sometimes just make the dough in it then shape and bake on my own. I used to make a lot of challah.

I've often thought of it but time/desire/life always seem to derail this for me.

My Costco has this for $6-7 for 2 loaves and has decent ingredients. I think fairly newish?

http://www.alpinevalleybakery.com/mu...n-with-omega3/

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Trader Joe's breads are very cheap and have very few ingredients if you're in a bind and don't have time to make bread. The dates are about a week out --I look at the date labels to get the freshest. For baking bread, I haven't checked in a while, but I thought most bread machines used pans with nonstick coatings. I am planning to upgrade all my baking pans to USA Pans, like these after reading endless raves on the BBB for them:
    https://www.amazon.com/USA-Pan-Bakew...=usa+pan+bread

For homemade baking, I've switched to using only einkorn flour, which I buy from Jovial Foods. The owner/creator has posted how to make your own starter for bread so you don't have to buy yeast. This has been on my to-do list for a couple years--it's just too easy to go to TJ's and buy sandwich bread, but it's not einkorn. She even has a no-knead bread recipe which you cook in a dutch oven.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches Keane View Post
    That’s the same recipe I linked above from the original blog

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    That’s the same recipe I linked above from the original blog
    Oops! Great minds....

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We had a bread maker that we got for a wedding present in 2002. We've been using it to make breakfast bread, and it finally crapped out a couple of months ago. Around this time I really got interested in making bread after watching Michael Pollan's "Cooked," series on Netflix. Here's a SUPER EASY recipe. Like, so easy it's crazy.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...ad-home-109343

I was using a dutch oven for a while, but then I switched to a loaf pan to make it easier to slice for toast or sandwiches. One nice thing about doing it this way is you don't get a huge hole in the middle from the paddle of the machine. That was the only annoyance with using the bread machine.

I also tweak the above recipe. 2 tsp of salt was crazy salty for us, so I use less than 1 tsp. I also use 2 tsp of yeast because I use Whole Wheat flour, sometime entirely, sometimes mixed with White flour. I've also been making my own pizza crust, and I find that after you try a few recipes you start to see a trend in the amounts of ingredients, so don't be afraid to experiment!
    Last edited by maestramommy; 05-07-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

ok guys, I got a 8$ bread maker from gw today.. I have until tomorrow to test it and decide if its working and if I want to keep it or not. It did not come with any recipe book etc... I think its Breadman TR845. Can any recipe be used in a bread machine? Any specific recipes to use in a bread machine? any links for me? thanks

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    ok guys, I got a 8$ bread maker from gw today.. I have until tomorrow to test it and decide if its working and if I want to keep it or not. It did not come with any recipe book etc... I think its Breadman TR845. Can any recipe be used in a bread machine? Any specific recipes to use in a bread machine? any links for me? thanks
    I think different bread machines have different ‘rules’ if wet or dry can go in first. I know with mine, wet has to go in first. Maybe look online to see if you can find a manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I just found this
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/20...lus-Tr845.html

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast