Default Master's degree graduation gift?

Any suggestions for a Master's degree graduation gift? His degree is in a foreign language and he's an elementary school teacher. I need it for this weekend and have access to most big box stores and Amazon prime one day. I was trying to think of something that had a little meaning to it but I think I've run out of time for that...

I don't think anyone got me anything other than congratulatory cards, checks or gift cards for my masters graduation. I did not expect gifts from anyone, but a few close family members gave me a little money (in part due to the fact I was moving several states away after my masters to start my phd I am sure!). The one really meaningful thing I got for a college graduation was from my grandfather. My grandparents were unable to travel when I got my phd, but he sent me the tassel he had worn to his own phd graduation, which I wore to mine. But that was a really unique circumstance.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I don't think anyone got me anything other than congratulatory cards, checks or gift cards for my masters graduation. I did not expect gifts from anyone, but a few close family members gave me a little money (in part due to the fact I was moving several states away after my masters to start my phd I am sure!). The one really meaningful thing I got for a college graduation was from my grandfather. My grandparents were unable to travel when I got my phd, but he sent me the tassel he had worn to his own phd graduation, which I wore to mine. But that was a really unique circumstance.
    That is so great, I wish my Dad had thought of this. They did come to the event, which was wonderful.

I think money and a nice card is a great recognition. I didn't get much of anything, except that my mom made me frame my diploma, which means that I have been dragging it around all these years, but hey at least I do know where it is.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I didn’t get any gifts for mine. I have given bottles of wine to others who were getting a master’s.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What about getting him a children's book written in English and the foreign language he learned? We have several books that are dual language from travels. What language is his maters? When my friend received her masters in education for seeing impaired, I bought James and the Giant Peach book in braille (the movie was popular at the time) and she loved it.

Thanks. I will bring a bottle of wine. They are having a party to celebrate tomorrow night so I wanted to bring something.