I have been struggling since we moved 1.5 years ago to figure out what comes next in my life. I am trained as a librarian and worked at a public library in CT, but it's not something I want to do any more. Plus it's completely de-valued here. Most jobs I have found that work around my schedule pay less than $20/hour - a common amount seems to be $11/hour. I pay my babysitter more than that.
Recently, I have focused in on Senior Move Management as a career. Self-employment would let me dictate my own schedule, it pays really well, and it uses a lot of my skills - namely organizing and selling stuff. I don't have much experience working with older people so that is something I need to get my head around.
I have started the process of getting certified with the National Association of Senior Move Managers. I need to figure out a business name and file the paperwork with the state so that I can get insured and start looking for some initial jobs - I have to have 20 invoiced jobs before I get certified.

Do you know anyone providing this service and/or have you used a move manager?
Any other pearls of wisdom for starting a business like this?

TIA