Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Good recommendation for Quebec City hotel and question about length of stay

Hi,

We are going to Montreal and then to Quebec City. We are staying with friends so ok in Montreal.

-- Does anyone have a great hotel to recommend, preferably in the old Quebec City proper? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated from budget to expensive, as long as it's inside the Old City or special if outside.

-- Also, with 6 and 10 year old kids, would you suggest... 4-5 nights in Montreal; 1 night in Jouvence (area where you rent a cabin in the woods - my friend wants to go) and 3 nights in Quebec City?

Thank you!
    Last edited by magnoliaparadise; 05-18-2018 at 10:09 PM.

The Fairmont!!! Lovely and well located. Had a great visit there last Summer.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd maybe consider 2 nights in Jouvence, I bet the kids would love it and it will be fun for them to run around, swim etc. It's a good spot in between Montreal and Quebec City.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoNDMom View Post
    The Fairmont!!! Lovely and well located. Had a great visit there last Summer.
    I just looked this up and found five Fairmonts - Did you go to the Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu or Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City?

Link describing and showing photos of the different Fairmonts is here:
    http://www.fairmont.com/quebec/quebe...SAAEgIzf_D_BwE

Thanks!
    Last edited by magnoliaparadise; 05-19-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Stayed at Chateau Frontenac.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoNDMom View Post
    Stayed at Chateau Frontenac.
    Thanks. Gorgeous hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I'd maybe consider 2 nights in Jouvence, I bet the kids would love it and it will be fun for them to run around, swim etc. It's a good spot in between Montreal and Quebec City.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Yes, but I feel like we could do something like Jouvence in the States ((g)lamping places), honestly and we have nice places like that around here. That being said, I'm sure it's really beautiful and my kids would like it. I'm mainly going because my friend how lives in Canada really wants to go... so I suggested one night only.

Although it looks like it is between Montreal and Quebec City, the driving time to Quebec City from Montreal versus is about the same, so it won't break up my travel... so still thinking about it.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d create lists of what you want to do at each stop then figure out just how many days you need where. Trip Advisor has message boards filled with really helpful souls that’ll work through itineraries or just go and read others q’s and trip reports. Very handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’d create lists of what you want to do at each stop then figure out just how many days you need where. Trip Advisor has message boards filled with really helpful souls that’ll work through itineraries or just go and read others q’s and trip reports. Very handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would do this, too. We love Montreal but really disliked Quebec City. Admittedly my experience may have been colored by the fact that I was eight months pregnant, and the City was hilly. I wasn’t enjoying all the walking in the summer heat. We ended up leaving early and spending time at Lake George on our way home. The Lake George portion of the trip was fantastic! I would schedule time in the places you know you’ll enjoy. My experience was that once we had seen the old part of Quebec City, which was easily accomplished in a single day, we were done. If you know there’s more you want to do and see, then schedule enough time to do those things, but don’t short change the part of the trip you know will be a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fairmont is gorgeous and centrally located BUT we stayed at a gite on the St Lawrence River, just outside the city limits...ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! Five years later, our kids STILL reminisce about the accommodations! They had a pool, a very sweet dog, and chickens! The breakfast was wonderful and the owner encouraged the children to help collect the eggs in the AM! I'll see if I can find it. We are heading to the UK in July and all three kids want to stay in B&B's in the hopes that they'll all be like this gite...this place was quite special for them.

Found it! Gite Un Air D'ete!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155033-d1206210-Reviews-Gite_Un_Air_D_ete-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

ETA better link 😉
    Last edited by SASM; 05-20-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast