Default Vacuum recommendation

Moving to a house with 4 levels and mostly carpet. Kiddos have issues with allergies. Willing to invest in a quality vacuum that I can maneuver down the three (short) flights of stairs. TIA

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jamiechic View Post
    Moving to a house with 4 levels and mostly carpet. Kiddos have issues with allergies. Willing to invest in a quality vacuum that I can maneuver down the three (short) flights of stairs. TIA
    We have a Miele on each of our 2 levels. One was from CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have had our Dyson for almost 11 years and are happy with it. I would want one on each floor or get a canister for the stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

By 4 level do you mean you have a split level house so not many stairs to go up & down?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just replaced our 13yr old Tempo Widepath (which at the time was a CR Best Buy) with a Shark Lift Away bagless: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shark-Rotat...Vacuum/3830349.

My SIL was raving about it on FB saying that she was disgusted by how much dog hair it got up on the first day AFTER having already vacuumed with her old vacuum. Then about a dozen or so of her friends also commented on it about how they have it and love it. So I went and got one and OMG the canister was half full after vacuuming my living room. It was disgustingly satisfying! It converts from a regular upright to a canister. The cord is really long. And you can use the wand without or without the extension piece. It comes with 2 different attachments for the wand...one for area rugs and smooth floors and a narrow one with rotating bar for stairs. I love it as much as one can love a vacuum that costs a small fortune.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shark-Rotat...Vacuum/3830349
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love my Shark! It's light enough to carry up and down stairs. I got it at Costco a couple of years ago.

Not crazy about my Dyson--wouldn't recommend it.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Hoover WindTunnel that's about 11 years old and it's OK. I like that it has a rotating brush attachment, which is what I use on the stairs, though it's an upright and can be tough to manage up and down. (Our stairs are steep & carpeted. The carpeting is old and pretty gross.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    By 4 level do you mean you have a split level house so not many stairs to go up & down?
    It's a tri-level with an additional basement. So, yes, they are shorter flights of stair. Similar to a two story without a basement in terms of stairs. Stairs are also carpeted, so I'll need to be able to clean those.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    We just replaced our 13yr old Tempo Widepath (which at the time was a CR Best Buy) with a Shark Lift Away bagless: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shark-Rotat...Vacuum/3830349.

My SIL was raving about it on FB saying that she was disgusted by how much dog hair it got up on the first day AFTER having already vacuumed with her old vacuum. Then about a dozen or so of her friends also commented on it about how they have it and love it. So I went and got one and OMG the canister was half full after vacuuming my living room. It was disgustingly satisfying! It converts from a regular upright to a canister. The cord is really long. And you can use the wand without or without the extension piece. It comes with 2 different attachments for the wand...one for area rugs and smooth floors and a narrow one with rotating bar for stairs. I love it as much as one can love a vacuum that costs a small fortune.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shark-Rotat...Vacuum/3830349
    Thank you!