Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Has she read the books by Kate DiCamillo - Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Desperaux, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane?

Humphrey series (Betty G. Birney)

Boxcar Children series

The Lemonade War series (Jacqueline Davies)

Roscoe Riley series (Katherine Applegate)

Charlotte's Web

Little House on the Prairie
    Last edited by ett; 06-16-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

The books on these posts are great, though they vary considerably in reading level. If you know what level your DC is in school, you can look up the level of most books in Scholastic Review. You can also look up a level and books will be suggested within that level. It isn't perfect, but it's helpful. It works better for kids in schools that accurately track what level students are (some schools track it more than others). At the very least, though, there is sometimes an average reading level by grade equivalency reading level noted:
    https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/bookwizard/ (and then click on guided reading level).

Some books to add to the list here:

Geronimo Stilton
    Thea Stilton

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We were at Barnes & Noble this weekend, and I asked for recommendations for my son, who likes Dog Man and Captain Underpants, and the book seller recommended The Bad Guys and also Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot. We are going to try them!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

My dd age 8 is at about an average reading level for her age and has really enjoyed all the roald Dahl books- they are a bit above her level but she still devoured them.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by azzeps View Post
    We were at Barnes & Noble this weekend, and I asked for recommendations for my son, who likes Dog Man and Captain Underpants, and the book seller recommended The Bad Guys and also Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot. We are going to try them!
    She read Ricky Ricotta a while ago and really liked them. Your DS probably will too. I'll have to check out the bad guys

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Funny that this thread keeps continuing. I love this topic of books for this age.
    I thought of another couple the other day... trying not to repeat, but not sure if this has been said: Princess Black - might be a bit young for your DD, but cute series.
    Others:
    The Fairy Bell Sisters
    Never Girls

If your DD likes Harry Potter, she might be old enough for the Percy Jackson series - it's probably 5th grade, but a great series.

Others that I don't know about, but were recommended to me:
    Magical Animal Rescue (by ED Baker, the Wide Awake Princess series and another series that was popular)
    Penny Packer
    Clementine
    But now I'm thinking these also might be too young for your DD.
    Also, Rescue Heroes - I don't know them, but they are recommended. A bit older than the others on this list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4