SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Teen wants to go off meds...self-assessment checklist??

I need to speak with his psychiatrist BUT 15yo DS wants to go off his ADHD and depression meds. Apparently he had an impulsivity episode at camp this week while on medication that caused a need for a shadow. The next day he stopped taking his meds and the rest of the troop leaders noticed a HUGE difference in DS...for the better. Is there a self-assessment checklist/journal that DS can fill out daily to note how he’s feeling while OFF the medications? Thoughts, moods, energy, etc?
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No tips on the checklist but I would be extremely cautious about going off both meds simultaneously cold turkey without talking to his psychiatrist, especially the depression med.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think we are just going to stop the Adderall for now and see how he feels, as the anti-depressants were still in his system.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No experience, but would definitely run everything past his doctor so at the least they can update their records about the plan.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceepa View Post
    No experience, but would definitely run everything past his doctor so at the least they can update their records about the plan.
    Also, in case there are reasons to taper off rather than stopping suddenly (probably more likely with antidepressants than ADHD meds).

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains