niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Storing stuffed animals

DS has a huge garbage bag of stuffed animals on the top shelf in his closet that he’s not ready to part with. I want to find a way for them to take up less space on the shelf. Maybe in space saver bags??

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I think that's the only way you can keep all and make it take up less space.

If I can tie any stuffed animal in anyway to a holiday, it goes into storage with the holiday decorations. We have stuffed animals that make a once a year appearance at valentines, easter, st. patty's, christmas, etc. They're happy, get a couple of weeks of hugs and memories, then go away and it keeps the daily collection very manageable. But I really make any connection I can. My kids have fall birthdays so random stuffed animals their grandparents gave them for their birthdays when they were babies go in the fall box.

Update: I used the space saver bags and then put the bags in a big comforter storage bag - it’s a big square cube with handles, so I can move it off the shelf when I need to get to something. I know the bags will expand eventually, I’ll just keep sucking the air out or get new bags.

If you’re not wedded to storing them on a shelf, consider the Boon bags for stuffies. You can gain a bean-bag type chair and store the stuffies. They come in lots of colors.

Boon Animal Bag Stuffed Animal Storage,Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OR1DXI..._sMgzBbA554CF4

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We use Boon too! Love them!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We use Boon too! Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    If you’re not wedded to storing them on a shelf, consider the Boon bags for stuffies. You can gain a bean-bag type chair and store the stuffies. They come in lots of colors.

Boon Animal Bag Stuffed Animal Storage,Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OR1DXI..._sMgzBbA554CF4

That’s a good idea! DS already has a beanbag, and he wants to keep the stuffed animals, but not in sight, he’s 13.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have this bean bag for stuffed animals DS wants to keep. He didn't have one and it fits right in the corner of his room perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)