Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dog??

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    OP here... So after the "incident" the neighbors assured us that the dog will never be loose again. We know for a fact that other's have experienced aggressive behavior from this animal, but so far DC is the only one who has been bitten, as far as we know.

They have a second pup who DH actually pulled over and sent home because it was playing in a busy street and stopped traffic. A guy yelled at DH to keep his dog out of the road...not our dog, just one that we know...

So I am sitting here at my desk working and both of these dogs are playing in the street IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE, half a block away from their own house. UGH!!! I am not getting involved...I am not getting involved...I am not getting involved...

This is ridiculous....
    I am also a dog lover, and after your first post, I wouldn’t have urged you to report the incident but rather to talk with your neighbors to insist they keep the aggressive dog fenced or otherwise restrained. An aggressive animal cannot be trusted regardless of breed, ownership history, or training level. If the dog has shown aggression once, the dog has the potential to be dangerous, and people need to be protected. If the family can do that by keeping the dog fenced and/or on a controlled lead (not a long leash that stretches and cannot really keep the dog under control) then there’s no need to report the dog. Now that you’ve posted that the family promised to keep the dog controlled and has ALREADY broken their promise, I do think you should make a report. Otherwise your neighborhood will be unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    OP here... So after the "incident" the neighbors assured us that the dog will never be loose again. We know for a fact that other's have experienced aggressive behavior from this animal, but so far DC is the only one who has been bitten, as far as we know.

They have a second pup who DH actually pulled over and sent home because it was playing in a busy street and stopped traffic. A guy yelled at DH to keep his dog out of the road...not our dog, just one that we know...

This is also bizarre to me. In our subdivision a dog can't be out of their yard for more than 5 minutes before people are blasting it on the FB group looking for it's owner.

So I am sitting here at my desk working and both of these dogs are playing in the street IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE, half a block away from their own house. UGH!!! I am not getting involved...I am not getting involved...I am not getting involved...

This is ridiculous....
    Can you call and tell them their aggressive dog must have gotten out? Since, you know, they aren't going to be allowed to roam anymore and yet here they are?!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd at least text them a pic of the dogs in the street, both to notify them and as documentation.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I am also a dog lover, and after your first post, I wouldn’t have urged you to report the incident but rather to talk with your neighbors to insist they keep the aggressive dog fenced or otherwise restrained. An aggressive animal cannot be trusted regardless of breed, ownership history, or training level. If the dog has shown aggression once, the dog has the potential to be dangerous, and people need to be protected. If the family can do that by keeping the dog fenced and/or on a controlled lead (not a long leash that stretches and cannot really keep the dog under control) then there’s no need to report the dog. Now that you’ve posted that the family promised to keep the dog controlled and has ALREADY broken their promise, I do think you should make a report. Otherwise your neighborhood will be unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I'd at least text them a pic of the dogs in the street, both to notify them and as documentation.
    Definitely take a photo every single time… And text it to them every single time. Their response should give you an idea of how serious they take this issue. If they don’t take it seriously, you will have to escalate.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you all... It is so very frustrating to know that these dogs can be loose at any time and that one of them can be aggressive (and one probably will be to DC since the thought is that DC "reminds him of someone who abused him"!). They have assured me that he will no longer be loose and we usually would never even know since we live quite a way down the road from them. However, yesterday, they were just wandering down the street together. DC goes to a different school than the other kids in the neighborhood so, fortunately, we don't have too much contact, especially this time of year.

There have been issues before with dogs in the neighborhood in the past and it's always the "free range dogs" that are the issue. In the past, some of the older pups were wonderful with voice control and were fine off leash, but not these...

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It will be horrible if one if these dogs either bites someone and seriously hurts them or gets hit (I can still picture the horror of watching our neighbors dog get hit by a car and laying in the road.) I'd talk to other neighbors and see if others have similar concerns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It isn’t a problem with “rescue” dogs. It is owners and some breeds even mixed can be more formidable. Not sure if people are using “rescue” as code for pit bull mixes. That is all that you see in the city shelter. I can’t imagine having dogs running lose even in a rural area. That is so 1970’s and irresponsible for dogs and people. Especially an aggressive dog. I would ask them to not let their dog roam, i would report it to animal control so there is a record if something worse happens to a child or other animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Not that I don't think you shouldn't report it but don't be surprised since you live in a rural area your child was in their yard playing and no one saw what actually happened you may not get much of a response.
    Dogs aren’t supposed to bite a child even if they are in their yard. There is no “stand your ground” equivalent for dogs! Especially since he was being held back and still went after a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2