Thread: Nightsweats

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Nightsweats

OMG help. It is particularly bad the week before my period (especially if I've had a glass or two of red wine ). Like soaking wet, and then I'm freezing with the AC on bc I'm all damp from sweating. My PJs are wet when I wake up. It's disgusting.

We also have a termpurpedic, and I swear this had made it worse. I used to wear fleece pjs to bed in winter with multiple blankets and now I'm down to thin cotton pjs, sheet and comforter. In New England winter.

Any thoughts/advice? I have seen sheets that are supposed to help deal with this (Sheex?) are they for real?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I am now sleeping in shorts and a t shirt with only a sheet and maybe a coverlet in the winter--plus a fan!! I have a tempurpedic mattress--they sleep hot--unless you get the new cool ones. I am 53 so I chalk it up to perimenopause. It lasted about 6 mos- 1year, it is better now. No other advice-sorry!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just sleep naked with a pillow between my boobs (and supporting my upper arm) We also have a temperpedic and I just recently added a supposedly cooling gel layer. My husband has foot neuropathies and complains if the temperature drops below 70 degrees, so I end up naked with just a sheet even in winter (California winter, but still)
    mom to Billy 12/07

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was given some pills from my acupuncturist that she recommends for night sweats (mine had gotten out of control again), and they completely got rid of them! Maybe a slight sweat still happens the day before my period, but otherwise, it was like magic. You can order them on amazon - I'll look them up when I get home later today and add them to the thread. As with most Chinese medicine, they are very balancing, no side effects (for me), and extremely helpful. I'll post the name tonight.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

We also have a termpurpedic, and I swear this had made it worse....
    Foam mattress here and it's the freaking worst.

Also, my back is totally out of joint since we bought ours, but especially bad the last couple weeks.

I'm considering a cool-gel topper, it's that bad.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    I was given some pills from my acupuncturist that she recommends for night sweats (mine had gotten out of control again), and they completely got rid of them! Maybe a slight sweat still happens the day before my period, but otherwise, it was like magic. You can order them on amazon - I'll look them up when I get home later today and add them to the thread. As with most Chinese medicine, they are very balancing, no side effects (for me), and extremely helpful. I'll post the name tonight.
    Would love to know the name of these pills! My good friend is desperate for some help with nightsweats.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought my night sweats were horomonal but when I talked to my Gyn about it she said since I am on the pill it is unlikely they are hormonal since the pill keeps your hormones steady. She sent me to have a physical which I have not scheduled yet. What I have noticed is that for me they happen when I am stressed/anxious/busy or have had a weekend of late nights and drinking (special girls weekends or couples trips) which is maybe twice a year. Night sweats started for me a few days postpartum both times and it was awful... soaking wet, freezing cold. Those were obviously hormonal and the ones now are not quite as bad but I have no idea what cause can be if not hormonal.