Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What shoes do your Kindergarten girls wear to school?

DD is starting public school (TK) which means she can’t be barefoot all the time any more! I’m looking to buy just one pair of shoes to work with everything she wears to school. Weather is almost always warm and dry. What would you suggest? She wears shorts, leggings, jeans, dresses, skirts. My boys wear Nikes mostly now that my neighbor has a super amazing discount. I’m not sure I love that idea to wear for a girl though! What does your girl wear?

Oh except my little boy still wears Converse. I can see her wearing Cons but was looking at other options. Thanks!

Mine is very attached to her cowgirl boots that she was given as a gift. She wears them almost all the time, with any kind of outfit, in every season, and just keeps a pair of sneakers at school for gym and recess.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Mine is very attached to her cowgirl boots that she was given as a gift. She wears them almost all the time, with any kind of outfit, in every season, and just keeps a pair of sneakers at school for gym and recess.

How adorable is that!! I never even thought of cowboy boots!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD wears sneakers. They have daily recess and there is no way she would change her shoes during school.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Either Natives or sneakers. On gym days, has to be sneakers, otherwise we love natives in warmer weather.

I don't have a girl, but I know at my public school, they really prefer sneakers for everyone. The kids have recess daily, plus PE once a week. When I visit, that's usually all I see unless it's picture day.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

When you guys say sneakers, what do you mean? My big boys wear nikes. My little guys usually wear some kind of skate shoe (vans, converse) but I noticed that that type of shoe tends to get filled with sand!

What are natives? Anyone have any links or brands? Do you care if the sneakers look good with dresses? Thanks!

I mean any type of sporty shoe that covers your feet. So Nikes, skate shoes (I guess I would consider those sneakers), etc. My son's playground has areas with mulch, so I would avoid Keen-style shoes with holes, even if they cover the toes. Even in Nikes, DS will sometimes come home with mulch in his shoes (How??).

Like I said, I don't have a girl so I can't really address the style of dresses plus sneakers. lol It might be possible for her to change shoes, but I know last year, DS went to recess straight from lunch without going back to the classroom. You could find out what her schedule will be and if changing is feasible.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just FYI, some schools don’t allow cowboy boots. I would check with your school. For versatility plus some semblance of fashion, I like Keds-style sneakers, but they don’t hold up all that well. Of course it depends on how your DD plays.

My DD just prefers to wear her sneakers (often colorful Skechers or similar) with everything, including dresses. I just got used to it.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast