Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oops! Double post
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 09-05-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: double post
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    Ooh! My girl scouts LOVE foil packet meals. I bring pre-browned ground beef and cooked chicken cut into chunks. Canned green beans, peas, carrots, sliced canned potatoes, shredded cheese. Then ranch, BBQ sauce, catsup. They only take about 10 min to cook with everything pre cooked. I hate the thought of raw meat and kids cooking. We generally also do foil packet pizzas too -tortilla, shredded cheese, pizza sauce (I usually just get a can of spaghetti sauce, pepperoni. We have a very diverse group of girls and all of them (and the adults) will eat some variation of these. The quesadillas only take about 5 min-they are easy to burn so I've bought a rack to put them on.
    I sent out my meals surveys today. I gave 3 options for a "starch", 3 options for protein (all options were pre-cooked), a handful of veggie options, and a chance to vote on a foil-packet dessert - either roasted fruit or s'mores cones (although I may bring stuff for both.)

I would actually be perfectly fine with cooking from raw if it were just our troop flying solo, but as we are sharing the campsite with two other troops and trying to get to a 7pm campfire, practicality won out.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2