Thread: First bras?

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default First bras?

My DD (10) has recently developed breast buds and has been wearing sports bras with many outfits now. I would like to buy her some kind of non-sporty bra that might work with dresses...any ideas of brands to try or places to look?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default First bras?

Justice. The sizing I think runs small though as Dd1 (12) wears their size 32 bra. She has the one below, and she likes the padding because she is conscious of her nipples showing. She is probably almost an A cup now, but the Justice bras don’t have a cup size.

She must have tried 5 or 6 different styles in the store.

https://www.shopjustice.com/lace-tri...rch&#color/603

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

No matter which brand, just go and try it on. It's a bad idea to buy a bra online.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD had some good ones from Justice when she was younger! They seemed to withstand repeated washing, too! She's now 14 and I recently took her to a boutique for a proper fitting and it turns out she fits a 28 band! I feel bad because the last ones I bought her were 32. Those bras must have been pretty unsupportive!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My 11yr old DD has some cotton ones from ON and Target. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/categ...=0&style=98122

These work great. Target has very similar style and also a style of the same shape but with removable light padding if you need to smooth the area out or keep nipples from showing.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.