Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default “Make Your Own” meal ideas

I feel like preparing dinner in our house has become an excercise in futility. It’s impossible to please everyone- I have 2 very picky eaters, and DH has numerous restrictions due to GI issues (e.g., no raw vegetables, no tomatoes or tomato products, no onions, spicy foods or dairy, etc).

We both work FT, so don’t have a lot of prep time. The meals that seem to work best are the ‘make your own’ type meals. So far, make-your-own tacos make everyone happy (I put out a bunch of fillings, everyone puts in what they want). I’ve also done a big pot of pasta, and everyone adds what they want, and has it the way they like (DD1- melted cheese, DD2- tomato sauce and parm, DH- pesto and chickpeas or tuna).

Besides taco bar and pasta bar, looking for other make-your-own ideas. We’re not baked potato people. I know there are probably lots more options, but for some reason I’m drawing a blank.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

ETA: Another complication is that we keep a somewhat kosher home, so no pork or shellfish, and no mixing of meat and dairy.
    Last edited by mm123; 08-24-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10