Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hahaha!

My younger DS had muscle tone issues so he was in a stroller or shopping cart much longer than most kids, and I got so sick of the comments. To top it off he had oral motor issues and was not even on the growth chart. He was limited to what he could physically chew/swallow, but people had no problem commenting on that either. I always wished I could have thought of some snappy comebacks, but never did have any.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids actually do not regularly wear appropriate footwear until it is mandated by public schools, lol. Busybodies have been laying off me lately (maybe because my kids are older? My wrinkles are giving me BRF?) but I remember well those days!!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's too bad you didn't have the largest bottle of vodka they sell and a jumbo pack of condoms in your cart too, she might have lost her mind! I'm not sure I'd have been able to just walk away!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's when I wanted to hand my kid my drive through coffee cup and say, "drink up!". (yours could have hot/warm chocolate and nobody needs to know!!!!)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I bought 4 of those big sacks of coco pebbles at walmart yesterday. DS4 will eat them for breakfast so no fighting to get him too eat. LOL buy crap food at walmart no one judges you there
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One time I was holding DS1 on my hip while waiting to buy produce at a lone, roadside, vegetable cart. Some old man looked at DS and said, “hey, get that kid some shoes!” Somehow I had the presence of mind to shout back, “I’ll get him some shoes when he starts to walk!”

Sheesh, like moms need more people bugging us!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post

I was biting grapes in half to feed my shoeless baby in the cart while shopping and a woman was appalled saying I she still peeled them for her 3 year old.
    What’s the problem with biting grapes in half? Clearly that woman only had one child. For the first child, you cut the grapes (I never peeled grapes...who does that?) and for subsequent children, you bite grapes in half. Then you don’t need to wash a knife.

And my kids didn’t wear shoes when they were toddlers unless they were walking in a public place. And I didn’t even buy them shoes until they were walking. I never understood people putting shoes on an infant. Socks seem sufficient if the weather is cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    That's funny! Isn't Cheerios one of the cereals that recently test positive for high levels of Round Up? At this point, cinnamon toast crunch is probably the safer choice, lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Really? Is that Honey nut cheerios? That's all my DD2 eats for breakfast
    Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    Just regular Cheerios was named.
    https://www.ewg.org/childrenshealth/.../#.W4RRoKApB-E

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    Although just regular Cheerios was named/tested, they're almost certainly sourcing the same kind of wheat for both cereals. The main eye-opening conclusion of that study for me was to buy organic (and we are a regular Cheerio eating family!) as far as possible for everything.

But really, why should anyone should be exposed to these chemicals - keeping pesticides out of your toddler's diet shouldn't require you to be hyper-vigilant and informed, or an option only for those of financial means. Gah.

for Sandy Hook

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Classic drive by!!!

Of course, my response would have been "What time should I expect you at my house tomorrow to cook a hot breakfast for the family", but I am known for saying what is on my mind.

Jeepers.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

And I thought that I had committed the ultimate crime when I left my sleeping son in his car seat in the car while I pumped gas in the pouring rain and paid at the pump. I guess the old lady expected me to wake him and hold him in the rain while I got gas! I was never more than two feet from the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast