Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default DD Wants a Wellie Wisher Doll for Christmas

DD saw the Wellie Wishers dolls at Costco, and she really wants one for Christmas. Now, I love that she loves dolls (as I did), but she will turn 11 in January, and I think she's too old to be receiving a new doll. DH is totally opposed. How can I make it up to her some other way? I've tried telling her she's not going to get one, but she keeps talking about it (and saying she'll buy it herself, and she does have the money to do so). I don't want her to be disappointed, but she'll be in middle school next year. I just don't think a doll like that is appropriate now.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, didn't know they have WW'ers at Costco. Go to know!

I have an 8.5 and 11 yr olds. Both have several AGDs and the younger one has a WW. The 11yr old asked for an AGD last Xmas and though I know that she doesn't play with them I obliged and Santa gave her one. She'll changed their outfits occasionally but it's mostly the younger DD that plays with hers and old DD's dolls. I think if she asked for a WW this year, I would again oblige. Some of the magic of Xmas, in my opinion, is being able to ask for/receive things you wouldn't normally, so long as they are within reason. The WW'ers are so over the top expensive that it would be on my "unreasonable request" list.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DC purchased a couple of dolls around that age. She used her own money. Her argument was to "practice" babysitting. She did play with them for about 6 months. Of course, in our house Santa brings that one thing that mom says "absolutely not" about (over and over again)...

Maybe get it and something will catch her eye in the next 3+ mos that will replace it on her list?

I don’t have girls or kids that age so grain of salt here, but I remember asking for something similar doll related when I was about that age. I would get it. It’s a rough/awkward transition from little kids toys you still like, but aren’t supposed to like. Still a good chance she will change her mind before then and you can take it back.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, and to add to my earlier post...

DC was born when our closest neighbor was 10, the tween received the Bitty Baby twins for Christmas that same year. She was SO EXCITED and played with them for at least a couple of years!

I teach fifth grade. I recently asked my students what they like to do in their free time and one said play with dolls and another told me she loves Playmobile. I say buy the doll and be happy that she isn’t a asking for something more expensive!
    Green Tea, mom to three

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Buy the doll and enjoy the stage she’s in. It will be gone before you know it.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I agree!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I agree! You have no idea how close the end of this phase is and she could get a lot of enjoyment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast