Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I asked for dolls until at least 8th grade. That year was one of my favorite Christmases because I got the doll (Kid Sister) that I wanted, a large department store teddy bear and some other popular stuffed animal. I am sure I also got some clothes and other more “age appropriate” gifts. But I still have the teddy bear and the doll. I loved receiving a new doll each year.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My girls are almost 12 (will start 7th grade at middle school next year), and almost 10. Dd1 goes through phases of liking dolls and wanting stuff for them and other days she says she is too old for dolls. I don’t think any of her friends are still into dolls (one close friend was really into AG last year but not so much now). Last year for Christmas we gave the girls the Lori dollhouse, stable, and horses and family members gave them Lori dolls because they both said they wanted more stuff to play with their AG mini dolls. Those toys have gotten a good amount of play. Dd1 told me she wants some Colonial dresses for her AG dolls for Christmas this year. I think if she didn’t have a younger sister who loves dolls to play with she would be moving out of doll play, but they do have a lot of fun playing together, dressing the dolls up, etc. Just last weekend they had their Disney Princess barbies all over the living room and played all day. I don’t think doll play makes her immature, she is actually probably more mature than some of her friends. It helps bring out her creative and playful side though and gives her a bond with her sister. I collected dolls, stuffed animals, etc. even through high school and had them displayed in my bedroom. Many I still ha w and my kids now enjoy them. So I fully encourage this as long as it will last!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2