Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question One big bday gift for a 7-10 year old that they really love and use?

Any ideas? Experience with a great gift that your DC adored?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Any ideas? Experience with a great gift that your DC adored?

Thank you!
    That's the age my dd received a kindle paperwhite. Best gift ever, she uses it every day!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Baby Bargains mobile app
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Both got DSs around the beginning of that age range and they’ve proven their longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to buy (don't laugh) a Barbie Dreamhouse for DD2 when she turns 7.

I don't like Barbie (though wow, she is much cooler now than in my day - she is tough and athletic now). I don't like that she is so lily white and skinny and has a waist that could not birth a child. But: My kid loves everything Barbie and has pleaded tears-in-eyes for that one present for her birthday.

There is no chance that my kid will still be playing with it until 10 years old... This is an overpriced gift that will last a year or two.

I got my older kid a kindle for a birthday at 8 or 9 years old and that was a raving success.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's going to depend so much on the child!

DS loved the 2DS he got around that age & used it until it literally fell apart and we needed to upgrade. DD1 has a 2DS that she got around the same age that she plays with about once a month.

DD1 has a Barbie Townhouse (not the bigger Dreamhouse mentioned above) that she & her sister still play with fairly frequently.

DD1's big gift the last couple of birthdays has been an American Girl doll. She loves them, carries them around everywhere, and she and all her friends play with them when they get together. They're expensive, but they actually get played with, so...
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by magnoliaparadise View Post
    I am going to buy (don't laugh) a Barbie Dreamhouse for DD2 when she turns 7.

I don't like Barbie (though wow, she is much cooler now than in my day - she is tough and athletic now). I don't like that she is so lily white and skinny and has a waist that could not birth a child. But: My kid loves everything Barbie and has pleaded tears-in-eyes for that one present for her birthday.

There is no chance that my kid will still be playing with it until 10 years old... This is an overpriced gift that will last a year or two.

I got my older kid a kindle for a birthday at 8 or 9 years old and that was a raving success.
    I’m glad Barbie is getting some love! I’ve never gone for the “Barbie is bad” thought process. Barbie rocks! And you could easily get to 10yo with it- you never know. Are her grandparents going to get a car to go with the house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will differ depending on specific interests. DD turned 7 this year and her favorite gifts were an American Girl doll (her 4th or 5th but she likes them) and a gymnastics bar. She is on that bar almost daily but she's a competitive gymnast and loves flipping her body all around. DS2 is 9 and got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas and still really likes it. He also got a dog from Santa that he definitely adores but I doubt that's what you were thinking
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Las year for Christmas, DS had just turned 8. We got him a PS4 and a 10-foot portable basketball goal outside, so two rather big gifts. At first, the goal got a ton of love, but for the past few months, he's been all about the PS4.

His birthday is three weeks before Christmas, so while we don't combine the two occasions, his birthday gifts tend to be smaller since we're also footing the bill for a party venue.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids have gotten new bikes in that age range. They are triathletes, so bikes are an especially big deal to them.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have done several things that have been big gifts for our kids in that age range...

- bike/scooter
    - kindle paperwhite
    - Concert (Imagine Dragons) tix
    - MLB game tix with jersey
    - Mother Daughter NYC trip (10th bday)
    - Sports equipment (rebounder w/ bucket of balls)
    - American Girl doll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast