Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default ISO vacuum for DOG hair, both hardwood and area rugs

Although we have been without a dog for five years (!!!), we are nearing the end of a horrifically delayed house remodeling job. The prize for all of us will be not only a new kitchen/bath/office but also a dog. I have always had 20-pound dogs, but DS is desperate for a Lab or a Golden Retriever. Yikes, so out of my comfort zone! (This is another post entirely, so I'll get back on track.)

Our Kenmore vacuum is older than DS and needs to be replaced. I hear about Dyson, Shark, Miele, Kenmore...if you love your vacuum for both hardwood floors and wool area rugs, especially with PETS, please chime in!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Cordfree Vacuum

https://www.target.com/p/dyson-cyclo...e/-/A-53413909

I love this one
    DS 5/09

Duplicate
    DS 5/09

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have yorkies but my shark works great. I had a dyson prior and my shark works every bit as good as my dyson animal did and was half the price. I want the new shark version but my old one is still working great. I look at this one every time I go to costco. https://www.costco.com/Shark-DuoClea...100363688.html
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I didn’t know I could love a vacuum until I got our Dyson. Super powerful and easy to use.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

3isEnough is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a golden retriever and in my view, retrievers should always be accompanied by a roomba. We have hardwood floors and carpet and the roomba is the best thing I’ve ever purchased.

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have more research to do, I guess! Why is it so hard to commit?! Maybe it’s due to the expense, but I keep a vacuum for YEARS!

New hardwood floors and hopefully soon a new dog = nervous about this decision!

I traded in my Dyson for a shark duoclean is the green one from Kohl's and it's been far superior to any vacuum I've used and the cost is fantastic too. there's three height levels for Bare floor low-pile carpet and high pile carpet in the power buttons on the handle which is a huge upgrade.

ETA link. :https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3020657/shark-apex-duoclean-powered-lift-away-vacuum.jsp

I think I ended up getting it around $200 plus Kohl's cash after coupon and extra off.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly I have always found a broom the easiest way to clean dog hair off a woods floor. Second the shark for carpet. Dog hair is heavie than cat hair. I swear it’s more social too, just like dogs, lol. It tends to clump in corners and certain areas that make it easier to sweep up.

No getting if off my bed, that’s different. Or the shower stall walls. My Lab gets in the shower with me if I don’t shut the door to my bedroom.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a roomba on Black Friday. Best. Purchase. Ever.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast