Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Surprising DD With Disney Trip - Advice? Recommendations?

So, DH and I are surprising DD with a trip to WDW next month.

I suggested to DH that we get her some fun things from the Disney Store Outlet, but I don't want to go overboard ... and we also plan to get her a couple of souvenirs (like Mouse Ears) at the park.

I'm thinking stuff like the lights that she can use at the parades or during fireworks (assuming she's up for that) and maybe a cool t-shirt or two.

Anything else you might suggest?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

autograph book & pen to go with it - so you have it the first time you see a character (though they are everywhere in the parks and resorts).
    If you're not staying on property, we found it very convenient to buy the magic bands so you don't have to get out your ticket every time you enter a park or want to use a fastpass.
    I do Tinkerbell gifts every trip. Every morning, there is something when DS wakes up. He caught me after the last trip because he found a box from one of the toys after we got home, but I bet he'll still want me to do it next time. A bunch of the stuff came from the Dollar Tree, but I also had things like a Playmobil space ship the day we went to Kennedy Space Center and some minifigs to trade when we went to Legoland.
    Getting custom shirts is also fun. I have a friend in Connecticut who makes them pretty inexpensively - https://www.facebook.com/GreenMomE/

Light up toys. Those things are so expensive in the park! If they have them at the outlet, buy them there. My kids love having them for the parades/fireworks and they are seriously like $20 at the parks (and usually get broken pretty quickly). Also, t-shirts. I don't mind buying tees at the park, but I like to buy them because I like them, not because the kids just want something, ANYTHING, to wear with Mickey on them. Actually, Target often has Disney tees that are even cheaper than the outlets.

Have fun!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Light up toys. Those things are so expensive in the park! If they have them at the outlet, buy them there. My kids love having them for the parades/fireworks and they are seriously like $20 at the parks (and usually get broken pretty quickly). Also, t-shirts. I don't mind buying tees at the park, but I like to buy them because I like them, not because the kids just want something, ANYTHING, to wear with Mickey on them. Actually, Target often has Disney tees that are even cheaper than the outlets.

Have fun!
    I was specifically thinking the light-up toys and they are sold for ~$10 and under at the Outlet. Thank you for confirming I was on the right track!

We find that the t-shirt sizing is better at the Outlet than the stuff at Target and the fabric is more substantial - DD has been wearing an Outlet-purchased green Yoda t-shirt for several years and it still looks really good, but her Elena of Avalor t-shirt from Target got pretty worn, pretty fast.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    autograph book & pen to go with it - so you have it the first time you see a character (though they are everywhere in the parks and resorts).
    Is a fat marker better than a pen for costumed characters? (I think I read that here.)

If you're not staying on property, we found it very convenient to buy the magic bands so you don't have to get out your ticket every time you enter a park or want to use a fastpass.
    I am pretty sure we are not staying on property; I will talk to DH about Magic Bands. (And remind him that DD wants a green one.)

I do Tinkerbell gifts every trip. Every morning, there is something when DS wakes up. ...
    That's a cute idea.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Surprising DD With Disney Trip - Advice? Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Is a fat marker better than a pen for costumed characters? (I think I read that here.)
    I think the clicker sharpie pens work well. You don’t have to keep track of the cap and they’re bigger for the characters to grab.

I would also throw in a few packages of glow necklaces. They’re cheap if you buy ahead and fun to share with other kids at parades.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Agree with glow bracelets/ necklaces. A gift card to Disney would be my personal vote. Obviously not a "budget" item intended to save you $ but loaded with like $30-50 so dd can buy what she wants with no comments or objections from her parents is really nice! I let my kids use theirs on treats I might have said no to or souvenirs.
    Get cracking on tickets and fast passes! You're behind on those if you haven't started.

You've gotten some great advice! I was going to suggest the clickable Sharpies, glow bracelets/necklaces, and gift cards. We buy gift cards at Target, where we save 5% with our Red Card.

How exciting! We just got back from a Disney trip last week, and I already can't wait to go back.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

I just saw that GapKids is having a good sale on their Disney stuff: https://thekrazycouponlady.com/2018/...-free-shipping

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Agree with glow bracelets/ necklaces. A gift card to Disney would be my personal vote. Obviously not a "budget" item intended to save you $ but loaded with like $30-50 so dd can buy what she wants with no comments or objections from her parents is really nice! I let my kids use theirs on treats I might have said no to or souvenirs.
    DH has a souvenir budget ... and his heart set on getting her R2D2 mouse ears.

But the gift card will make her feel so grown up! Good idea. I'll let him know.

Get cracking on tickets and fast passes! You're behind on those if you haven't started.
    I was given to understand that DH has taken care of the tickets, but I wasn't at all sure about fast passes. We may be waiting in line with the multitudes.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast