Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Fast pass does not cost extra.
    Good to know; you have to pay extra for FlashPass at Great Adventure (and for MagicPass at Sesame Place), so I was worried that it would be another charge at Disney. I suppose since they are open year-'round, they don't have to charge extra like those parks do!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just ask for the ticket info.
    FYI- odds are low of getting Slinky. Onsite guests can book fast passes 60 days ahead of their trips, offsite 30 days. So, no matter what you are late and most of them are gone before the 30 day window opens. But, if you can arrive real early (like and hour before opening) you can ride with a better line OR hit it in the last 1-2 hours of the park. You can download the app now and start to see what wait times are like. It's likely the same story with 7 Dwarves. So, if your dh doesn't want to disappoint dd you need to appeal to him to either book the fast passes or do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Just ask for the ticket info.
    FYI- odds are low of getting Slinky. Onsite guests can book fast passes 60 days ahead of their trips, offsite 30 days. So, no matter what you are late and most of them are gone before the 30 day window opens. But, if you can arrive real early (like and hour before opening) you can ride with a better line OR hit it in the last 1-2 hours of the park. You can download the app now and start to see what wait times are like. It's likely the same story with 7 Dwarves. So, if your dh doesn't want to disappoint dd you need to appeal to him to either book the fast passes or do it yourself.
    Good to know; he'll do his best. I actually have to get DD through her get-ready-for-school routine in the time window he told me.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Mini-update:

Thank you everyone for all your help.

DH did the FastPass thing and we got some good attractions, so as long as we pay attention to the queue times and other stuff, we may be able to get the coasters DD wants to ride (7 Dwarfs Mine Train and Slinky Dog.)

He is considering getting MagicBands, but DD's favorite color was showing as sold out, so he didn't quite know what to do.

He also ordered her an autograph pack thing that he found on Amazon, so she'll have a shot at getting autographs from her favorite princesses and other characters.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Mini-update:

He is considering getting MagicBands, but DD's favorite color was showing as sold out, so he didn't quite know what to do.
    I have green, blue and red sitting in my closet. Send me a pm with your address if you want me to send them to you!

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I have green, blue and red sitting in my closet. Send me a pm with your address if you want me to send them to you!
    Thank you so much for this very kind offer, but DH had already ordered by the time I saw it.

We told her yesterday and she was bouncing off the walls; I just hope she'll be able to get through school today and tomorrow without being disruptive.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you so much for this very kind offer, but DH had already ordered by the time I saw it.

We told her yesterday and she was bouncing off the walls; I just hope she'll be able to get through school today and tomorrow without being disruptive.

How was your trip? Did you go during Jersey Week?! We were in the parks ONE of the Jersey week days - it was SO crowded! Hope the FP's worked out for you!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I missed this when you originally replied. I hope you had a great trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    How was your trip? Did you go during Jersey Week?! We were in the parks ONE of the Jersey week days - it was SO crowded! Hope the FP's worked out for you!
    We did go during Jersey Week. It wasn't terrible except at Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios - wall-to-wall people there! - but it was also Saturday. We did the fireworks at MK that night (also wall-to-wall people on Main Street.)

DD was insanely excited to meet her favorite princesses - Rapunzel, Tiana, Elena, and Cinderella - our first day, but refused to ride Space Mountain (she literally melted down and wouldn't board, which was fine because that meant I had someone to watch my bag - she and DH met me at the exit; DH was too tall/heavy to fit safely into the car, so he wasn't able to ride anyway) ... and then freaked out about riding Spaceship Earth at Epcot our 3rd day, so I rode by myself. Again. She almost refused to ride Frozen Ever After, but ended up loving it ... and we met Mulan, Anna, and Elsa at Epcot. (We spent 8 or 9 hours at Epcot, actually, because DH and I drank and snacked our way through the pavilions and food-and-wine festival.)

We spent Thursday at the Harry Potter areas in Universal (only thing we'd planned to do there) and they were busy, but didn't feel as crowded as Hollywood Studios did.

We didn't get Slinky (and the line was 2hrs long by the time we got to the park that day) but we did get Toy Story Mania ... and we have a list of rides we're interested in riding next trip.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3