Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    on my worst days it is 2 ultra OB tampons not lasting an hour. I have not had success with cups as I easily over fill a diva in an hour and it does not fit me as well as I wish it did.
    I think we're part of the low iron crew and my periods were similar. On my heaviest days I'd bleed through a super plus tampon in less than an hour, which is why I never used tampons much unless I had to, like while on a beach vacation. I also never liked my Diva cup because I'd overflow it quickly. My family doctor recommended I see a GYN and I ended up having surgery to remove a blood filled cyst on my ovary that wouldn't shrink with meds. While she was in there she removed a large fibroid and 2 smaller ones. She thought the large one could definitely be contributing to my super heavy periods and she was right. My periods got lighter over several months after the surgery. And now with my hyperthyroidism, my periods are super light and I have no more heavy days, which is a symptom.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’ll chime in, even though it’s not really similar to your experience. Day 2 is my heaviest, but even then, after 12 hours with my Diva cup in, it is usually about 3/4 diva cup full.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What's your flow like on your heaviest day(s)?

At my worst I can go through a super plus tampon in two hours; this was fairly common from about age 18 until the last year. Prior to starting wearing tampons at 16 I would go through a heavy pad at least once during the day during my cycle. I have never been iron deficient. I haven’t had more than one tampon full at 2 hours during this cycle yet as I am on day 3. Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn’t. I just started having to buy the mixed box of super and regular tampons to keep at home because I am not needing the super plus ones all of the time. I do keep the super plus at work just in case, and a few in the car or my purse. About 3 years ago I started wearing pads at home in the evenings when I get home from work and I feel like most months it has shortened the duration of my periods. I have always worn pads at night though.

I am on day 3 now and am probably done with the regular flow and may just have spotting now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2