Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Would you put wallpaper in your home?

When we moved into our house, everything was painted a nice but boring shade of beige. The trim is a very creamy white.

Room by room I have been repainting. I want to work on the dining room before the holidays. It has cream paneling on the lower half of the wall, oak floors, and my dining room set is a medium cherry. I inherited it from my grandmother so it’s not particularly modern, kind of French in style.

I am tempted to have the upper part wallpapered in this paper. http://us.farrow-ball.com//hornbeam/...product/205007

The adjoining room is painted farrow and ball “light blue” so I think it kind of flows. http://us.farrow-ball.com/light-blue...product/100022

But I’m worried about removing it in 10 years if I get tired of it or it looking dated more quickly than paint. What do you think?
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nope. I've removed wall paper. It's a tedious job and I vowed never to put it up. There are peel and stick options now that are pretty decent that I would use instead. When you want to change it up, it's fast and easy.
    On Etsy, search "wall paper peel and stick". So many beautiful choices!
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 10-05-2018 at 08:54 AM.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think that’s beautiful and would be tempted. I’m in a similar situation. Working on redecorating my guest room and I’m tempted to do this one particular wall in one a few wallpapers I’ve fallen in love with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another big fat no here! We bought out house 18 years ago and spent so many hours removing the wallpaper. Maybe the removal process is easier now, but I still loathe wallpaper based on our experience.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It’s back in!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I say trust your gut And go with your instincts. You can always hire someone to remove it when you feel like a change.

I used to remove wallpaper in our home when I was a kid. In 10 years your children might be able to do it and enjoy doing it.

I would in a single room like you described. It can be beautiful. I've removed wallpaper from an entire house and it is miserable, but a single room would be just enough space to not intimidate me.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One room like you described yes. A whole house no.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Just SIZE the walls when you put it up.

I've removed tedious wallpaper many times. Layers on layers and slapped straight on drywall with no primer. It's awful.

But I did put up paper in two rooms (an entire small bath and lower half of bedroom). In both cases the walls had previously been painted and we sized the walls before putting up the paper. The bathroom was higher quality paper and came down beautifully. Bedroom was cheaper and took a bit more. But by easy I mean less than an hour and bit more, I mean MAYBE 4 hours, and minimal drywall repair needed.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’m still traumatized from living in a condo where the previous owner had painted most of it but decided that the bathrooms and kitchen needed wallpaper. Both rooms were small and kitchen had very little wall space that wasn’t cabinets or appliances so it had been tricky to fit it in. Imagine bird print backsplash! And in the bathroom, they had papered the doors of the built-in medicine cabinet—it was still possible to open it, but I guess they wanted it to look "invisible."

Of course, these were the same people who decided that almost-shag carpet was a good choice for bathroom floors!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast