Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

even though wallpaper is back in, and few of my relatives have done it in certain rooms like dining room. Very similar to what you posted in different color scheme though and it is really well done. I wouldn't do it whole house or open space like foyer walls (looking at my house!) but do a smaller scale like dining room or living room to give it bit of upscale pop taste.

very personal decision, I would do it for our office as we get a lot of natural light or our guest room maybe, but that is about it though!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Definitely not, so tedious

My DH would be a solid "no!" I personally don't like wallpaper, but if you do I think you should put it in your new house! People worry too much about resale. Who wants to live in a house with details you don't like just in case you may sell one day?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes wallpaper is back in-- I love following design blogs/instagram and I see a lot of designers using it. I have seen that particular wallpaper on a blog I follow.

For me, I would keep something so dramatic to a contained room like a dining room or bathroom. In our old house we didn't have wallpaper but we had a dramatic paint color (navy blue) in our dining room and we always got compliments on that. In our new house, we don't exactly have an open floor plan but one wall of our dining room extends over to the next room, so I'm kind of sad I can't recreate that effect.

About the getting tired of it in 10 years? One designer I follow made the point that, a lot of things change and get outdated in 10 years. And what is so wrong with having decor that makes you happy for those 10 years (give or take) instead of choosing something safe/boring?

I have taken down wallpaper in almost every house I've lived in. It's a pain. But always doable. I've seen people talk about peel-and-stick wallpapers but no idea if they're durable and if they have other issues (like sticky residue).

If you want more wallpaper ideas, here is one I pinned: http://galbraithandpaul.com/installa...aper-in-latte/
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes!! I’ve got a few different peel and stick options saved for our half bath, and I can’t wait!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

NEVER For the past 3 years, we've spent just about every vacation at my aunt's vacation house removing wallpaper. And we're not done yet. EVERY room in a 2800 sq ft home has wallpaper and/or borders. Multiple layers of wallpaper appear to have been applied directly to the sheet rock in many rooms and they must have added contact cement. In the dining room we had to do extensive patching of the drywall after the removal there.

In our own home we had wallpaper too but it was very easy to just peel it off the walls as it was from the 60s/70s. and hey, they left us 'extra' tubes in case we ever wanted to go back to that beautiful sliver and gold flower pattern.....
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes! I've wallpapered a bunch of rooms in our current house. I did our kitchen pantry first. Then my DD's room and the small vestibule to our master suite. Then our entire second floor hall (that, plus the dining room, is the MOST dramatic change - it makes the hall more of a room instead of just a boring pass through space). Then our dining room above the wainscotting (that is a F&B archived paper - another WOW) and our main floor powder room. So probably 1/4 of our house? It looks fantastic. I get tons of compliments and it makes me happy. I'll live here at least 10 more years and if it needs to come down after that, fine - it will be time for a change. Ours was all professionally hung and properly prepped and should not be a nightmare to remove, according to our paper hanger. When we moved in ten years ago a couple of rooms were papered with hideous outdated stuff and we took it down and it really wasn't a big deal.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you plan on being in this house long-term, then DO IT! We don't have wallpaper in our house mostly because the walls are textured and it would be a pain, but I would totally consider it to make a statement if I had nice flat walls!

Go for it! It is going to be pricey, Farrow & Ball wallpaper is $$$.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3