Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    The Turbowash makes this machine worth it - a normal load of laundry takes 30-40 minutes depending on weight with Turbowash + extra rinse (I always add an extra rinse) and comes out CLEAN. This feature is what made me get over my hesitation about the long wash cycles in front-loaders (compared to the 30 min of the Speed Queen).

The only time I have 2 hour cycles is if I'm doing white towels and choose the sanitary heavy soil option.
    I’m excited about the Turbowash! Curious- why an extra rinse?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I’m excited about the Turbowash! Curious- why an extra rinse?
    I always do an extra rinse. We have sensitive skin here and I just like to make sure ALL detergent is rinsed cleanly out. And for a FL it's not a lot of extra water to do an extra rinse. The LG allows you to add up to 2 extra rinses and I will add both extra rinses for heavily soiled loads where I use extra detergent.

If I had a SQ, I wouldn't do the extra rinse because so much more water is used for the rinse to begin with.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default speed queen inputs needed

We have the old model Speed Queen and have had it for 5 years and are super happy it. It fits a lot of stuff like the others have said. I use the extra rinse when I use bleach or I accidentally left a load of wash in the washer over night and want to do a rinse/dry cycle only. My Speed Queen cycle takes about 30 minutes. I mainly use regular wash for everything.

We do have an Electrolux dryer and other than it being huge (front to back) it has been awesome we have had it almost 7 years.

If I buy another front loader I will buy an Electrolux (mainly because the Speed Queen front loafers are cost prohibitive at $2000 iirc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2