Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Suggestions for earplugs and sunglasses for kids

My DH wants to take DS for an air show. Any suggestions for earplugs and sunglasses for DS? He is 7 and on the petite side. I would like to order online.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Peltor ear muffs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I agree with ear muffs. I used to go to several air shows a year and I wore ear plugs and they were fine, but because they can be a little tricky to get in correctly and their effectiveness and comfort depends on getting them in right, I would not go that route until the child is older and can reliably insert them himself. I find that a lot of it is by "feel" to get the correct depth and angle, and it is really hard to do that on someone else!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have noise cancelling headphones we'd let them use and I'd get the earmuffs over earplugs. Sunglasses I honestly just get for my kids from whereever. I've gotten cute ones from Gap or Boden, but I've also gotten them at Target and Walgreens. Whatever they like.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My guys wear under armour sunglasses for baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

DS wears sunglasses anytime he's outside and it's sunny - he inherited especially sensitive eyes from me.... since last spring he has been wearing these Rivbos - https://www.amazon.com/RIVBOS-Polari...nglasses&psc=1

He is not easy on glasses and these have been great. The connector on the strap broke but the glasses are still going strong.

And I agree with Peltor ear muffs. They're the gold standard and not very $$$. My kid would not keep ear plugs in his ears.