Default Any one here live in the Beaufort, NC and Morehead, NC area?

we are thinking of visiting there in a few weeks. Wanted to know how the area really is after Hurricane Florence. Thanks for any feedback.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hold off on deciding until after this weekend. We are supposed to get rain and wind from Hurricane Michael, but as usual, the exact track is still uncertain and storm strength not clear yet. I’m in the Triangle area and we've been advised to expect 3-5” of rain. Doesn’t sound like much until you realize how saturated the state still is.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

I don't think the oceans have been cleared yet for bacteria.

There is ongoing reconstruction and debris collection while roads are in poor condition. Depending on direction you are coming you might have to take several detours still.

They are having to do aerial mosquito spraying for the gigantic beasts that have resulted from the flooding and I'd be concerned of mold. It's affecting lots of areas south of this area.

I believe schools just started back yesterday.

The area is functioning but in reconstruction mode. I would avoid if a leisure trip especially with Michael on the way.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin