Default Turks and Ciacos - Anyone been?

Planning a trip next year to celebrate the big 50. Anyone been to T and C? Would love any information on where to go while there and stay. I used a travel agent to plan our trip to Hawaii. Should I do this for this trip also?

If you have any other suggestion on where to go for a great vacation, please let me know. TIA!

Default Turks and Ciacos - Anyone been?

We went four years ago and loved it. We stayed at the Windsong, which is nearby Beaches, but way cheaper. We booked through Costco. The beach was amazing and we could snorkel right off the beach at our resort.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 10-17-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Congrats! That's a great idea for a trip and way to celebrate!!!!
    My sister has been - she liked it a lot. I think it's quieter than the others.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went in 2014. Read up on the tripadvisor forums. People do not recommend Beaches usually. You dont get to see the island and really experience it when you are sitting at the resort the entire time. I guess some people prefer that, but...We rented a villa in Leeward. It was nice although next time I'd prefer to stay at a condo resort right on the beach. Be prepared to spend a bit of $$. People recommend alot of great places on TripAdvisor, so seriously I would start there.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I haven't been to T&C, but my sister has and really enjoyed it. If you're open to other suggestions, my favorite Caribbean destination is St. John in the USVI. A huge portion of the island is National Park, so there's really nowhere to stay on the beach (Caneel Bay resort is still closed which was beachfront and the other only other beachfront option would be Gibney Cottages if they've reopened), but most people rent a condo or villa and hit a different beach every day. They were hit pretty hard by the hurricanes last year, but recovery is going well and I highly recommend visiting. Because there are no resorts on beaches, everything is pristine. The snorkeling from shore is the best I've seen of any of the destinations I've been too. The main town, Cruz Bay, has some great restaurants and bars and I just love the vibe there.. My kids and my late DH and I used to visit there every Spring Break and I really want to head back there soon (kids aren't quite ready to go back).

Good luck with whatever you decide (and definitely use the TripAdvisor forums - the STJ one is great)
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I read this morning that a 61 year old woman was found dead in the buses at Club Med Resort. Says she was strangled and now the police there are having a murder investigation. would make me think twice about visiting TCI.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008