Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I hope people still see this, but I was wondering if anyone know if it is a good idea to take ibuprofen or something like that before getting the vaccine in the hopes of avoiding some of the headaches and other side effects. I know this was suggested for me when I was a child and had some negative reactions to a particular vaccine, but then at some point I think this may have fallen out of favor? Anyone know?

thanks!
    This is in regards to children getting vaccines, but it's probably applicable to adults also. It basically says that treating with ibuprofen or Tylenol before a vaccine may make it less effective and to therefore only treat if symptoms arise after the vaccination. https://familymedicineassociates.com...-immunization/

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think I read you are not supposed to be in contact with infants/ unvaccinated children and immune compromised people for a few weeks ( I read 2 weeks and I read 4 weeks). Ive also read accounts of people getting shingles shortly after the vaccine ( like children getting the chicken pox after they get vaccinated) Read up on side effects before you get it.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I think I read you are not supposed to be in contact with infants/ unvaccinated children and immune compromised people for a few weeks ( I read 2 weeks and I read 4 weeks). Ive also read accounts of people getting shingles shortly after the vaccine ( like children getting the chicken pox after they get vaccinated) Read up on side effects before you get it.
    My mom mentioned that. She said she was due for the vaccine when ds2 was born but her Dr said not to so she could spend time w the baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My mom mentioned that. She said she was due for the vaccine when ds2 was born but her Dr said not to so she could spend time w the baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shingrix is the new Shingles vacccine. It does not have the issues of the previous vaccine. I could not get the previous vaccine because I am immuno-compromised, but I can get Shingrix. Zostavax, the previous vaccine, is a live virus.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shi...rix/index.html

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Shingrix is the new Shingles vacccine. It does not have the issues of the previous vaccine. I could not get the previous vaccine because I am immuno-compromised, but I can get Shingrix. Zostavax, the previous vaccine, is a live virus.
    Probably why my mom got the Shingrix.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Thanks! This makes sense as the doctor's assistant was completely casual about it when she offered me this vaccine during a recent doctor's appointment!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am 41 and got the prior shingles vaccine (I think this is a new vaccine they have been pushing) when I was 40 as I had had shingles twice already, once in 2014 (I got it right around my 37th birthday) and then again in 2016 (when I was still 38). I am not 100% sure the vaccine worked for me as I have still had bouts of random tingling and phantom shingles pain in the same region of my back where I had it initially, but have not had anymore body rashes on the same plane of my body where I have shingles so I haven’t been rediagnosed. My sister had shingles when she was 25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2