Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    And what about DH? Does he need to wear a suit? He actually only has one suit that's probably 10 years old and too big! He's never needed to wear a suit. He said he'd be willing to get a new one since he could use it in the future. We're 36 and 37 so haven't even been to any 40th birthday parties yet!

For me, I have a mall walking distance from my house with a Macy's and Bloomingdales, no Nordstrom. I HATE shopping in stores! I'd rather do anything else.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Yes, DH should wear a suit. Jos. A Banks has amazing sales with even 80% off which is how I bought my son's suit to have a college. If you have AMEX, a big perk is shoprunner. Free 2 day shipping and free returns. Mine are rolling in now so I need to try them all on.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think he needs a suit. My DH doesn't own a suit, and I feel with a pair of nice pants and blazer and tie, maybe a cool colorful shirt, he can easily pull it off for cocktail attire. I can't think of anywhere he'd need to wear a suit to, even a funeral.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just wanted to mention that yachts are usually no shoes. You typically leave your shoes on the dock before boarding. This of course can vary but I have been on a few (through a friend- not my world ) and all of them have a no shoes policy. If they own the yacht you could maybe ask your friend but if they are chartering it for the party you could Google the yacht name for other party pictures to see if the guests are wearing shoes. Just didn’t want you to plan on sparkly shoes to dress up the outfit then not be able to wear them.

First, you are so beautiful!!!
    Second, if you want a dress on the fly, check out Rent the Runway. They mail you dress options. I have never done it, but heard great things.

Meant to add: A 50th birthday party on a yacht? The 50 year old's private yacht???? That seems very posh!!!!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Just wanted to mention that yachts are usually no shoes. You typically leave your shoes on the dock before boarding. This of course can vary but I have been on a few (through a friend- not my world ) and all of them have a no shoes policy. If they own the yacht you could maybe ask your friend but if they are chartering it for the party you could Google the yacht name for other party pictures to see if the guests are wearing shoes. Just didn’t want you to plan on sparkly shoes to dress up the outfit then not be able to wear them.
    Oh no really?!?! I hate my feet (bunions) and don't even go barefoot in my own house because it's uncomfortable (wear Vionic flip flops always). It's definitely not my friend's personal yacht, they must be chartering. I'll seek out more info! Thanks!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Last time we were on a yacht, we could wear approved boat shoes. Not very pretty but we didn't have to go barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Last time we were on a yacht, we could wear approved boat shoes. Not very pretty but we didn't have to go barefoot.
    That they provided for you or you brought yourself?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    That they provided for you or you brought yourself?

Bought. The host provided the info on what to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magnoliaparadise View Post
    Second, if you want a dress on the fly, check out Rent the Runway. They mail you dress options. I have never done it, but heard great things.
    Yes, I've use RTR several times and normally would in this situation, but I checked all 8 pages of RTR dresses in my size and that are available that weekend and none really caught my eye. My main priority is not being freezing so I don't want anything sleeveless or strapless and would actually prefer 3/4 sleeves or full sleeves. I think I'll keep browsing Nordstrom.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast