Default dining recommendations in Burlington VT?

This is a bit of long shot, but figure I ask here as recall some members here are from the area I'll be heading for a conference over 4 days. This would be for dinner in evenings and the conference will be fairly heavy emotionally and likely want to go fun great places to decompress and lighten up over dinner.

soooo give it to me...thanks!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sweetwaters, it has something for everyone it's on Church St, in the middle of everything, not cutting edge but it's one of my favs. There are so many places in town, not sure what you want to eat, but there are quite a few options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So many options. TripAdvisor is a great resource. I have eaten at hen of the wood (fancy) and it was Delicious!!!

For something unique there is a dim sum place called a single pebble that is also yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I second Sweetwaters as a something for everyone place

Farmhouse Tap & Grill- fun and good food; super popular but they have an option to put your name in ahead of time on Yelp (I think they don't take real reservations but not sure).

A Single Pebble- upscale Chinese food-- pricier than most Asian restaurants but great food, nice atmosphere

American Flatbread (pizzeria)
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t think anyone from Burlington would say Sweetwaters is a must to eat at while in town. Trattoria Delia is always a favorite for Italian food. Leunigs also for Italian. Farmhouse Tap & Grill is good. Hen of the Wood is another. If you are up for a drive to the Lake Champlain islands, I’d suggest the Blue Paddle Bistro. Probably 30 min from Burlington, well worth it. Plus you drive across as the lake on a short bridge which is nice scenery. For breakfast/brunch/lunch try Mirabelles Cafe on Main Street.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am nostalgic for Sweetwaters and am impressed that they are still around, I went to grad school in 1992. It's one of those places that if you have a group uou will probably please everyone.

Is Nectars still around and can you get fries and gravy at 2am still??? It was the best!!!

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I am nostalgic for Sweetwaters and am impressed that they are still around, I went to grad school in 1992. It's one of those places that if you have a group uou will probably please everyone.

Is Nectars still around and can you get fries and gravy at 2am still??? It was the best!!!

Nectars is still here but not sure if they do gravy fries. I am not out that late anymore to know!

Sweetwaters has changed there menu. I used to like the Chicken Fajitas, those are no longer. I think they paired it back a lot. Also, I was not impressed with the kids menu. I thought the chicken fingers owuld be like the ones they have on the appetizer menu, just less of a portion- with corn flakes crust, but no these ones are basically just from a bag of frozen chicken fingers. Disappointed!
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008