Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Favorite Thanksgiving recipes?

So this year will be the 1st Thanksgiving I'll be hosting and cooking. Need ideas to get my starting point for turkey and sides. We all like most vegetables, not picky eaters with exception of DS2.

Love to get your favorite recipes for cooking your turkey and favorite side recipes???
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Fire and Flavor brand brine. Alton Brown roast turkey recipe. Perfect! And the gravy is delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Fire and Flavor brand brine. Alton Brown roast turkey recipe. Perfect! And the gravy is delicious!

You use two different brine recipes beforehand roasting your turkey? cuz I just googled fire and flavor but Alton brown had his own brine recipe? Sorry if it's such a simple question but it'll be FIRST time cooking a turkey.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    You use two different brine recipes beforehand roasting your turkey? cuz I just googled fire and flavor but Alton brown had his own brine recipe? Sorry if it's such a simple question but it'll be FIRST time cooking a turkey.
    Sorry! I meant I Fire and Flavor one instead of AB’s recipe. It has herbs and other seasoning that just make it even tastier.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Potatoes Pascal has been a "go to" side dish for us since 2004 when we got hold of this recipe! We use way more garlic than the recipe calls for.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...-Pascal-109456
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Favorite Thanksgiving recipes?

I’ll post it later, but I have a make ahead mashed potatoes that is super yummy because of all the butter, cream cheese and half-n-half. I do it the day before then warm up in the oven or in the crockpot

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Mommy_Mea is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Trader Joe's cornbread mix. I have tried many from scratch recipes, and nothing ever comes close!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

It's been a number of years since I hosted and have some advice- make a list of what you'll be cooking, how long they cook, what method they need to cook (stove? oven?)) and what could be prepped ahead of time? I had an entire schedule written up, starting with things I could do a day or 2 ahead. Also make a list of serving dishes and utensils that you have or need to buy.

I've never found mashed potatoes that worked well ahead of time so I always make those at the end. I'm a crazy mashed potatoes snob though- mine are so good that I am recruited to make them for every holiday. (Yukon golds, butter and half and half- the potatoe type is the most important! I don't measure, I just start with a little and keep adding til they taste good ).

If you also need a dessert, I have a pumpkin pie recipe to contribute. One year we had a pumpkin pie off where every family brought a pumpkin pie to share for Thanksgiving. This was the winner.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...entType=Search

I use a ready-made graham cracker crust and a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon, and a pinch of ground ginger in place of the listed spices. It is really yummy.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How many people will it be total?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast