MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How are the prices at coach outlet stores?

I have a bunch of nieces who are in their late tees. I was thinking about buying a coach wallet or wristlet. I am looking for feedback on the coach outlet stores. Any additional coupons? How are the prices? Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I feel like the only good deals were on really ugly items that hadn't sold (for a reason).

It's been years since I've been to one, but it seems like the prices weren't that great. I got a purse there as a gift one year and the strap looked all worn out after a year of normal use.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think the products are made specifically for the outlet and aren’t usual Coach quality. That said I’m guessing teens aren’t careful with their belongings so it might be a good combination.

The outlet has definitely changed over the years. I used to go frequently a few years back. Yes, most of the items in the store were made for outlet, but they also used to have a wall of deletes that came from the full price stores. They were typically pretty good values because they were first-run quality. But it’s my understanding they don’t carry nearly as many deletes as they used to.

That said, I had a made for factory bag that I really liked. I thought it held up just as well as my full-price bags. I do agree that prices have gone up on everything and it’s not as good a deal as it used to be.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They often have a 40% off coupon that they have you when you walk in. I have been happy with the few made for the outlet items I have had over the years, and one gorgeous turquoise leather bag that was a regular Coach bag. I found the prices to be okay with the coupon, and really good if you find something in the clearance section. That said, it has been a few years since I have gone in the store, so might have changed...
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks. Next time I am near one I will check it out but I probably won’t make a special trip.