Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JamiMac View Post
    I agree! I’ve never considered any travel within the US to cause jet lag, except maybe when we went to Hawaii. When we lived in California we’d go to the east coast and now go east and west from Texas. Not a big deal. People travel like that for work all of the time! I would definitely want more light at the back side of the day if it was permanent. Is that what CA is voting for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are voting to allow the legislature to bring up the issue and vote on it, if they want to. But any change needs to be approved by the Federal Gov't, so even if the legislature votes to keep DST year round, it's not a done deal.

I voted yes, but I think the daylight shift is so different depending on what latitude you live. The northernmost and southernmost part of California are so far apart!
    Before this weekend, I was glad to gain an hour. However, I was really tired and woke up really early. Yesterday, we were all really cranky in the evening and DD1 astutely commented that we were all probably tired.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    For people who hate the change--what do you do when you go on vacation???? We go to California-its an hour behind. Go to the east coast--2 hours ahead. Nobody ever gripes about time change on vacation (other than Europe or something where there is a huge time difference). You just get on with your vacation. Time changes at home are the same. 2-4 days max, then get on with it. I would vote for DST all year round--love the daylight in the evening!
    Well, on vacation I can sleep in/get up, whatever. And I can go to bed whenever...yeah I might miss out on something but grades won't be effected. That being said, the time change has never really bothered me or my kids very much.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We hit vacation hard-up and going every morning. People travel for work too. I think people need to change their narrative about this and move forward instead of griping about it. There are people who say they are for a month and depressed etc. give me a break. I would be fine with DST all year long—need that day light for sports, exercise, etc
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We hit vacation hard-up and going every morning. People travel for work too. I think people need to change their narrative about this and move forward instead of griping about it. There are people who say they are for a month and depressed etc. give me a break. I would be fine with DST all year long—need that day light for sports, exercise, etc
    Almost everyone I know hates it. Why NOT change it if that’s the case? Clearly it doesn’t affect your family too severely but others don’t feel that way. What’s more, there is data to support the idea that it is not an efficient way to live/could actually be counterproductive/could actually be dangerous!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It looks like voters voted for daylight’s savings time, but they said it doesn’t really matter because the federal government has to approve it.

as a night shift nurse who is now working at 3 am I hate it. What time do you show up? My alarm clock auto changes but I forgot that it changes at 2. I used to get up at 2 to be at work at 3 but now get up at 1:55, which meant I was an hour early for work! UGH.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

We hit vacation hard-up and going every morning.
    This is what's known as "different strokes". I mean at Disney we do make rope drop, but if we're at the beach, I'm sleeping in. But again, the time change doesn't bother me or my kids, and DH has never had a problem sleeping in his life (it's amazing he'll finish a coffee, say "I'm going to sleep" and drop off immediately. His siblings and mom are like that too!)

I agree with Bisous though, there does seem to be scientific data to back up the fact that the time changing negatively effects people, so I'm not sure it's a case of mind over matter. It seems like a biological reaction for some people. Depression is real. But the chances of Congress actually doing anything is pretty slim I'd say.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For people who hate the change--what do you do when you go on vacation???? We go to California-its an hour behind. Go to the east coast--2 hours ahead. Nobody ever gripes about time change on vacation (other than Europe or something where there is a huge time difference). You just get on with your vacation. Time changes at home are the same. 2-4 days max, then get on with it. I would vote for DST all year round--love the daylight in the evening!
    2/3 of the people in my family struggle with the time change even when we travel within the continental US. My husband and son both have a hard time with something as small as a 1-hour difference.

I wish the time change would just go away.
    DS age 9

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6