Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Jillian
    Elle
    Eleanor
    Ruby
    Corinne

Fiona was my top pick for a girl before I found out I was having a boy. From the Burn Notice character Fiona (Fi) Glenanne (not Shreks wife) I got my boys name from a sci-fi movie character.

I love Charlotte too. For Katelyn, it seems like a 1990's name to me. Plus, sometimes the nickname Kate doesn't work with various spellings. I know a Caitlin who goes by Cait, which I think looks odd.

What about

Annabel or Annabelle
    Stella
    Nora
    Ashley (seems like it and Katelyn were popular at the same time)
    Lillian or Lily
    Evelyn
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Charlotte is a beautiful name but incredibly popular since Chelsea Clinton used it, and also, of course, Princess Charlotte. I would try to find something less popular unless you are ok with her always having friends in the same name in her classes (this may just be my personal hang up as my name was super popular the year I was born). Nora also seems to be a hot name right now.

How about Katelyn spelled Caitlin?

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Charlotte is a beautiful name but incredibly popular since Chelsea Clinton used it, and also, of course, Princess Charlotte. I would try to find something less popular unless you are ok with her always having friends in the same name in her classes (this may just be my personal hang up as my name was super popular the year I was born). Nora also seems to be a hot name right now.

How about Katelyn spelled Caitlin?
    I don't think hubby is going to budge on Charlotte anyway. We are neutral about popular names...I think Lucas was #3 the year he was born and he hasn't had a kid in his class yet with the same name. But I do try to avoid the top 5 if possible.

Caitlyn is still the only name we semi-agree on but we are far from settling it anytime soon. Good thing we have 16.5 weeks to go. Meanwhile DS2 is telling everyone we are naming her Vivi and they are apparently believing him - he is very matter of fact about it so I probably would too! - (our babysitter has a daughter named Vivian they played with all summer.)
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I do appreciate them! We haven't gotten much closer to a name just yet but thankfully we still have a bit of time so we'll see. I will update eventually but if it's anything like DS3, we didn't totally decide until he was born.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wanted to suggest Genevieve. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Instead of Caitlyn, what about something like Adelyn? Or Adeline? Evelyn?

Names that remind me of beautiful classic Charlotte are Caroline, Elizabeth, Alice, Claire, Grace, Anna, Amelia (which is a bit like Olivia). Or Ava and Lola?

There are a few names popular in England that are not heard much out here such as Imogen, Freya, Poppy, Verity, Isla, Felicity...

I will stop now, lol.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Update:

I think we have actually finally come to an agreement that I wasn't quite expecting but we both really like Elizabeth. (DH is set on the middle name Grace so Elizabeth Grace, most likely, because I don't care that much about nicknames.) We are at a bit of an impasse because I would prefer to call her Ellie and he wants to call her Ella...but I think that's similar enough we hopefully won't give her split personalities and we may just call her Elizabeth anyway. It's also my mom's name (bonus) but she goes by Beth, I casually mentioned we were talking about it just to feel her out on it and I think she'll really like it...I have the best mom (she babysits our kids for just gas money but also cleans the house while we're gone and I'll come back home and find she noticed we were out of milk and so she ran out and got milk for us too...and then after DH gets home she'll stay to hang out and play a board game or two with the bigger kids...just as an example of what is totally typical for her.) And, I like how Elizabeth and Ethan go together kinda like our Lucas and Matthew. ( I really hope Meghan Markle has a boy because I could see them "stealing" our name and then we're probably screwed for popularity purposes, although at least there are a ton of nicknames...) We still have a couple months to end up changing our minds but this name is starting to feel right to me so I would be surprised if we change it.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love Elizabeth. I also love the nickname Beth, but ours is definitely a Lizzie and not a Beth.

Elizabeth Grace is a perfect name. And if you change your minds, the new name you pick will be perfect, too.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast