wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bag for the parks

The family is heading to Disney and Universal during the crazy busy Xmas week. We did this 3 years ago and survived! I believe we carried a backpack around that time with snacks, wallets, phones, ponchos, etc. I honestly don't recall having to set it down on a ride very often, but obviously must have. I remember a few rides have a basket under the seat (like Soarin). Do you ever have to be separated from your bag on a ride? I'm thinking I'd want to be sure my money/cards and phone are on my person the entire time. Would you get a small phone crossbody for that purpose?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

At Universal, there are a fair number of rides where you can’t take a bag. Free lockers are available. Only Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit require totally empty pockets too. The least amount of crap you can take to Universal, the better. Get it down to one bag max. The lockers aren’t huge. They have free cups of water. No need to lug bottles around.
    Be a good locker citizen too- send only one to the locker area because they get crazy congested especially the Harry Potter ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    At Universal, there are a fair number of rides where you can’t take a bag. Free lockers are available. Only Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit require totally empty pockets too. The least amount of crap you can take to Universal, the better. Get it down to one bag max. The lockers aren’t huge. They have free cups of water. No need to lug bottles around.
    Be a good locker citizen too- send only one to the locker area because they get crazy congested especially the Harry Potter ones.

So if you do a locker, would you do a fanny pack (gasp!) or a phone crossbody?

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    So if you do a locker, would you do a fanny pack (gasp!) or a phone crossbody?
    Crossbody. I think there are some Danny packs you can wear on all but the ones mentioned. They have to have a 3 pronged clasp.
    If you buy wands at Universal, you’ll need to deal w lockers anyway.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I just used a crossbody purse at Universal. We put it, DS and DH's phones, and sunglasses into the locker. It takes some time, but it's not too bad. We wore lanyards with our tickets and express passes in them.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I just used a crossbody purse at Universal. We put it, DS and DH's phones, and sunglasses into the locker. It takes some time, but it's not too bad. We wore lanyards with our tickets and express passes in them.
    Did you purchase the lanyards ahead of time or on site?

So you carried nothing as you walked around?

We will be at Universal on Xmas Eve so I'm trying to think about navigating the epic crowds. And we will only be spending 1 day at that park.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Did you purchase the lanyards ahead of time or on site?

So you carried nothing as you walked around?

We will be at Universal on Xmas Eve so I'm trying to think about navigating the epic crowds. And we will only be spending 1 day at that park.
    We bought the lanyards there. I knew DS2 and DD would want Harry Potter, so it worked out. But it did slow us down that first day with shopping. If you can get them before, that would be good. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Lanyards...versal+lanyard

I had a cross body bag. The lockers are at each ride, so I'd put it in, ride 1-2 times, get it out. Go to the next place and do it again. We were there in June and it was not super crowded for the most part.
    Kris