azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Financial Records binder for parents to complete

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone has a resource for some kind of binder or forms/PDFs that aging parents can complete with all their financial information so that when the time comes for adult children to help or take over, all the info is in one place? Organize 365 had a terrific binder, but now it appears she only sells it as part of a $500 “paper organizing package”. Anyhow, if you’ve found something helpful let me know, please and thank you!!!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When I wanted to make sure that my family had all this info, I just created a Word file that listed all my various accounts (with details about financial institution, account number, current balance, how the account was titled, etc). I also created an Excel file that contained all my online account info, with passwords. (I used Excel instead of Word for the password info simply because that’s what I was using for my own purposes.) I saved these as password-protected files, and emailed updated versions from time to time to my family.

Because I live in a CCRC, I have fewer separate bills than someone who lives in their own house or apt, but if necessary, I would have also made a Word document with info about regular bills. Also, the billing office at my CCRC has all the info about my medical insurance, medical bills, etc, and they have my family’s contact info,so I don’t need to keep sending updated versions of that.

But if you want a structure for thinking about this, the following AARP article looks good. (I’m not a member of AARP — they may offer more resources to members.)
    https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/fina...l-records.html

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

This book published by Nolo Press seems fairly comprehensive:

"Get it together: Organize your records so your family won't have to", by Melanie Cullen.
    https://store.nolo.com/products/get-...ether-get.html

It includes a link to download the forms that are in the book, so you can easily fill them out/revise them/print them as needed.

(I bought this for myself a few years ago, but I have been procrastinating about actually doing this!)
    Last edited by jhamman; 11-12-2018 at 06:52 PM.

I downloaded the Big Book of Everything from erikdewey.com. It's a free excel file with 52 tabs designed to be completed in 52 weeks as a life manual. Or something like that. I only got as far as completing a few pages, but I remember liking the functionality and set up.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk