Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Water Heater Burst

I woke up this morning to discover our water heater broke and flooded our main level of our house. Thankfully we are off work today and we were home to catch it. Insurance stepped up quickly to help us and have already sent out a clean up crew to help with the water and we have a plumber here right now replacing the water heater so we will have running water by the end of the day. I’m grateful that we still have our house when others near us have lost theirs due to the fires. However, this whole morning really sucked and this was a huge expense we weren’t expecting and will have a hard time affording, especially since both DH and I are facing a teacher’s strike in the very near future.
    Last edited by PZMommy; 11-12-2018 at 07:55 PM.

That stinks! I feel so sorry for you. Good luck with the clean up and expenses.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ours is ancient. It needs to hang in like 6 more months as we will be replacing it when we renovate. It came with the house and we moved in 14 years ago. It’s like an any day fear. I hope buying a new one is easier than expected for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The worst! We had a busted bathroom pipe that required us to rip out a bathroom to repair. We were not ready to incur those expenses. Hang in there! At least insurance is on top of it.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh no, I’m so sorry. I hope it got cleaned up without too much damage. Fingers crossed the strike doesn’t happen - wishful thinking I know

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you. I feel so guilty complaining when others have it so much worse. We had running hot water again by 6pm, so I got to catch up on dishes and got the kids their baths. I’m in desperate need of a shower though! lol. Insurance and the clean up company has been great. They deal with this stuff all the time so they were very reassuring when I was in a panic. I’m feeling better now that we have a plan in place. My son said at least we will get new flooring as they were cutting holes in walls and ripping up carpeting. lol

Default Water Heater Burst

Oh no!! This is one of my nightmares. How long do hot water heaters generally last? I feel like we should replace ours soon but I know DH is not going to want to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Oh no!! This is one of my nightmares. How long do hot water heaters generally last? I feel like we should replace ours soon but I know DH is not going to want to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’ve heard 7 years. Which is why my 14+ one is an anomaly. Luckily it’s in the basement right next to a floor drain. I keep the immediate area clear. Nothing too terrible will happen when it goes (I hope). If I had to worry about flooring and stuff I would have replaced it by now.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That’s awful! I’m glad they got your hot water on so quickly. I hope the drying process goes smoothly. We are dealing with the aftermath of a flooded upstairs bath and garage ceilings. We are finishing up the drying stage and now have to deal with the putting it all back together process. So much fun.

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Outs blew last spring. Thank goodness its located in the garage It was 12 yrs old.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast