Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default holiday shopping

This is a bargain bitch.

I keep getting sucked into all these "good deals" and pre-black-friday sales and am buying stuff for me (as well as Christmas gifts!). I feel like I'm getting caught up in trying to work the system - do I buy now? Will this be on sale for less on actual Black Friday? Can I return if I buy now and make up the difference if I have to pay return shipping? (for ex I've aready found the NF jacket DD1 asked for, with a 20% off coupon. But then found it on another site for 25% off, but you have to pay for returns so not worth it.)

Like there's a pair of Sorel boots I really want and have been stalking for a while. I can get them for 20% off at REI (although I may have messed with DH's co-op membership acct and changed it to mine - whoops ) but will they be more than 20% off next week?? And really can I just control myself and have DH get them for Christmas??? (It's already snowed here so of course I want them now lol.)

I am guessing it's always better to wait for BF. But ON/Gap had 50% off with card this weekend - you can't get better than that can you??

This is messing with my shopper brain. Pre-black-friday, c'mon.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The past 3 years, the prices have been lower this weekend than Black Friday.

Yeah, if you don't worry about it going out of stock by then, then wait, otherwise if you want it sooner, I'd just get it now. I ordered a couple of stockings from LE tonight with 50% off even though they may go lower on BF, but I'd like to have them sooner. . I feel like BF is great for special deals from Amazon and discount sites that wouldn't usually have additional discounts (6pm.com, etc.), but other than that, there are still great deals to be had now. .