Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Talk to me about Spanx faux-leather leggings

Where are we on these? I just got a pair on sale (I really REALLY need to stop following Living in Yellow lol) and I'm not sure about them.

How do you wear them? I've googled stying ideas and I'm not sure... they're shiny black fake leather leggings that i had to pry onto myself (once they were on they were fine but it took a few minutes to get them on!). Am I going to wreck them by yanking/pulling so much? Pretty sure I ordered the right size I would usually be an xs/s and got a s.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A friend of mine is a hair stylist and she wears with a tunic or a cute vest and blouse and booties. She is 5'8" with long thin legs, and is 30. You have to own it when you are wearing them. I'd look at how they're styled online.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    A friend of mine is a hair stylist and she wears with a tunic or a cute vest and blouse and booties. She is 5'8" with long thin legs, and is 30.
    Yah that's the trouble, I am none of those things.

I was wondering if any "regular" moms here had them and wear them IRL! They do look cute styled online, I can handle the causal looks but the more dressy looks... I dunno. Just wondering how realistic they are for wearing around town.

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Yah that's the trouble, I am none of those things.

I was wondering if any "regular" moms here had them and wear them IRL! They do look cute styled online, I can handle the causal looks but the more dressy looks... I dunno. Just wondering how realistic they are for wearing around town.
    I gotta be honest. I saw a blogger wearing them recently and thought "really??" No!" I think for"regular" moms it would look weird, overdone, trying too hard. Maybe MAYBE for a night out occasion, but otherwise, no.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Women wear them a lot around where I live. I have them and have yet to wear them. I'd wear them with a long tunic.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Women wear them a lot around where I live. I have them and have yet to wear them. I'd wear them with a long tunic.
    I think exactly this. I can’t imagine wearing them with anything other than a tunic.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I'm also in New England so it must be ok around here. I need to pay more attention to see if others are wearing them near me. I might try them tonight, I have to try on some outfits. (I am waiting on a longer length denim button-down from the Gap. I think they are walking it to me. )

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I think exactly this. I can’t imagine wearing them with anything other than a tunic.
    If you google styling them you will see people with tshirts knotted at the waist or TUCKED IN like all the way around. I don't care how you look or what leggings they are, if you're not under 5yo you're not tucking your shirt into your leggings.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The few I've seen do have them at least tucked into the front or knotted or short, I think the thing being that those wearing them are pretty thin and don't feel the need to cover up. It shows off their flat stomachs and long legs which is the style from what I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe they're just NMS, I dunno. But check out the blog girlwithcurves today, she has a "classy girls guide to wearing faux leather leggings".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These videos have some mom friendly, cover your butt ideas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQ-1s1fz60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guxW-KFqzYw&t=17s
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast