Thread: Shpping arg....

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Shpping arg....

What is it about shipping situations?

In the last two months, we get mail maybe 4 days a week. I call our local USPS and get excuses; it's staffing issues, it's the holidays, it's road construction, we can't deliver after dark (this one I totally don't understand)... Packages arrive at least a day late almost every time (currently waiting on an amazon order that I need on Monday, was supposed to come yesterday...). I finally tried calling the 800 number, the hold time was an hour... Of course, it's not like I can run up and pick things up if it's not delivered because the trucks are still out when the post office close!

It's not just USPS. Thursday afternoon, I missed a FedEx delivery. So I stayed home ALL DAY yesterday (even the dogs didn't get a walk) to wait for this package that is critical for work and could not be delivered without someone present. The package FINALLY arrived at 9:30 last night! Yep, 9:30 PM!!! I am grateful that it arrived, but 9:30 PM!!!

While I understand that this is a busy time of year, it's not just this time of year. We go through this all the time!!!

Yep, this is very much a 1st world problem... Thanks for letting me vent!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

UPS delivered a package to me at 9:45 pm the other night. I know they work longer hours at this time of year, but 9:45 is a bit extreme in my opinion! I hope you can get your amazon package in time!

We get mail 6 days a week, but lots of late packages recently. Our meal delivery order that was supposed to be here yesterday didn’t arrive until today. Good thing it is cold or I am sure it would have all been ruined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At my CCRC, my neighbors and I get LOTS of packages all the time. Our letter mail is delivered to a centralized block of mailboxes in the main building, but packages are supposed to be delivered to individual apartments or cottages. Our regular postal carrier (who I think knows all 500 residents by sight) and regular UPS and Fedex guys are great about this, but during the holidays it’s an increasing nightmare, with subs. Lately they’ve started dropping off large stacks of packages for individual residents at totally inappropriate central locations like the food service loading deck. CCRC staff members then have to figure out who gets what and take it to their cottage/apt. Sometimes the packages that are left aren’t even for anyone at the CCRC. Despite daily calls from staff to all the major carriers, it doesn’t really improve. Arrggghhh!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Thank you all for replying...

The USPS piece bothers me the most. I have called so many times in the late afternoon to have them tell me the truck is still out, then I speak to the postmaster the next day to learn the mail never left the post office because they didn't have staffing to deliver it. The postmaster gives many reasons. While I can understand his staffing issues, ect., it is his job to get the mail delivered 6 days a week. If it happened once in a while, that would be fine, but it's been going on for months, I never know if we are going to get mail or not.

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    UPS delivered a package to me at 9:45 pm the other night. I know they work longer hours at this time of year, but 9:45 is a bit extreme in my opinion! I hope you can get your amazon package in time!
    They have to get everything off their trucks on the date it was promised. My DH (UPS driver) was out until 11:30 one night this week. People will be upset either way--if it's too late at night or if it's delivered a day later than promised.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    They have to get everything off their trucks on the date it was promised. My DH (UPS driver) was out until 11:30 one night this week. People will be upset either way--if it's too late at night or if it's delivered a day later than promised.
    I sure hope they get paid overtime!! When it wasn’t here by 8, I just assumed it would be delivered the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Thank you and him for what he does, it is a very tough job. I honestly am not as upset at FedEx delivering so late and I am with USPS... The FedEx guy actually said he had two more deliveries and then he was done. The poor guy, who knows what time he started! Do they get overtime or some sort of compensation for the additional work load? I still think that the companies should hire more holiday workers, but that might not work for many reasons...

This is a tough time of year for all delivery people...