MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Garnet Hill shipping

This is a petty gripe. I don't normally buy from Garnet Hill, but there are a pair of boots I am interested in. $18 shipping, and that is standard shipping. For one pair of boots. Is that typical? I don't even see any "spend X amount get free shipping." The supposed sale price seems not even worthy now because of the high standard shipping cost. 😡

This is why I stopped shopping at Garnet Hill. I love their stuff, but their shipping policies are archaic. They charge by how much you spend! I thought that went the way of calling an 800 number to order from a catalog. They used to occasionally offer free shipping codes, but they don't seem to do that as often. Whenever they send me a survey, I always complain about the shipping. It hasn't helped. Can you figure out the boots manufacturer and look for them elsewhere?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yikes!i wouldn’t order them either with those shipping charges. Pottery barn also charges shipping by the amount you spend which I hate. I only order when I have free shipping codes, which thankfully they send out pretty often.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Unfortunately, it's a "Garnet Hill exclusive" boot by Gentle Souls. I did a Google search of it also, and I think it used to be sold at other places, but not anymore. It's the Gentle Souls "Warm Me Up" Boot. It was avail last night in my size, but now it's sold out. ☹️

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would have balked at paying that price for shipping as well! A huge pet peeve of mine is paying for shipping. It can totally be a deal breaker if I'm buying something and shipping is expensive. I'm sorry the boots are sold out now, that stinks

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought those boots around this time last year when they were on sale from Garnet Hill. They are nice! You should keep checking back because sometimes sizes go back up as people return them.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    This is why I stopped shopping at Garnet Hill. I love their stuff, but their shipping policies are archaic. They charge by how much you spend! I thought that went the way of calling an 800 number to order from a catalog. They used to occasionally offer free shipping codes, but they don't seem to do that as often. Whenever they send me a survey, I always complain about the shipping. It hasn't helped. Can you figure out the boots manufacturer and look for them elsewhere?
    Yes to this. I used to shop from them a lot. I have barely bought anything from them recently because the shipping is so high.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I totally agree. I used to shop a lot but in this day and age who charges that much for shipping?!