Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have a recommended age range for kingdomino or queendomino? Amazon says 8+ for both, curious if that's accurate in your experience. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    I have quite a few of these, and am bummed that I bought Near and Far a few weeks ago.

Kingdomino and Queendomino are really fun. They are pretty similar, with Queendomino being a little more complicated, so I would only get one. Quick games, easy to play.
    King of Tokyo is a fun Yahtzee type thing where you are monsters (like Godzilla) trying to invade Tokyo and fight off the other monsters.
    Forbidden Desert, Forbidden Island and the new Forbidden Sky are all co-op.
    Bunny Kingdom is one of my current favorites, and despite the cutsey name is more for tween and up ages.
    Sheriff of Nottingham is really fun, but needs the Merry Men expansion or it's too easy to win by never bluffing. I haven't played it with the expansion yet, but it's a good price for both the main game and the expansion.
    Potion Explosion is another favorite around here.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That's a great price on Forbidden Island - recommend that and Exploding Kittens. We love Dragonwood as well but I don't see it listed.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Do you have a recommended age range for kingdomino or queendomino? Amazon says 8+ for both, curious if that's accurate in your experience. Thanks!
    My youngest was 6 when it first came out and she could play it just fine. I wouldn't go younger. And she didn't always make the optimal choice, but she had fun.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My youngest was 6 when it first came out and she could play it just fine. I wouldn't go younger. And she didn't always make the optimal choice, but she had fun.
    Is it fun to play without the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Is it fun to play without the expansion?
    Yes, it's just fine. I didn't even realize there was an expansion until I saw it in the sale! In general, the game is similar to Dominos in that you are laying down tiles with matching terrain (like matching domino pips) in a grid. Based on how the terrains are laid out and what they have on them, you get points. The order you pick is based on what tile you picked last time. The better the tile, the later you pick (in general). Queendomino adds in towns, towers, knights, visiting royalty, and a dragon and I would not play with younger kids. Apparently the two games can be combined so you build on a bigger grid, but I haven't tried it.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! This is really helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2